I caught feelings for my hookup and it got complicated- helpppp

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

veeeronicac
    veeeronicac
    Participant
    February 25, 2020 at 4:55 pm #230464

Me and a guy who lives two floors above me have been hooking up for about a month and he just recently ended it last week as he said it was getting “too complicated”. He really lead me on and made me believe that he liked me. All of his friends when meeting me always said that __ talked about me all of the time and said I was such an amazing girl. Valentines day was the first time I had slept over in his bed and I feel like that is what made it seem like what he and I had going on was much more than we discussed- us being platonic-. I have seen him out at the bars with other girls and yes I got mad. But I think he saw me out last week talking to a guy which is why he ended it. He texted me a few min after he disappeared from the bar and he wrote ” “hey I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to keep hooking up. I don’t want things to get even more complicated and I also don’t want you to see me walking home with other girls” PLEASE HELP. Does he like me? or fr just wanted me gone? help.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 28, 2020 at 9:56 am #230636

“..he wrote ” “hey I don’t think it’s a good idea for us to keep hooking up”
    “.. Does he like me?”

Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” if someone “likes you” the answer is no.

Sometimes people fall into “accidental relationships”.
    Originally they agreed to being “F. buddies”, “booty call”, or “friends with benefits”.
    I suspect with the two of you living in the same building you saw each other more frequently than normal.
    Living in the same building can also make people “lazy” because it’s so convenient to grab the low hanging fruit.
    Spending too much time with someone you’re NOT into can make you feel guilty if you believe they are into YOU.
    Being together on “Valentine’s Day” may have been a trigger but most likely it was his interest in other women.

It’s hard to go from being “red hot lovers” to instant platonic friends or behaving like strangers.
    Expect things to be uncomfortable for a while because you’re likely to bump into each other in the same building.
    This is why some folks don’t date co-workers. You end up seeing each other’s future “hookups”.