I cut this guy off so quickly and now I regret it, please help!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 3:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Scarface
    Scarface
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 11:49 pm #189766

This guy texts me briefly about a month ago and we agree to exchange #s. He gave me his but I never gave him mine. He texts a month later again on the app and asks to meet in person since he is in town to see his family for thanksgiving. I give him my # and he calls immediately. We end talking for 3 1/2 hrs and plan a date 2 days later. The day after our phone call he texts and asks to meet that night instead. I said let me rethink my plans and get back to you then when I agreed he says let’s stick to the original plan. The next day which is the original date he backs out and says let’s meet when I am back in town although he is on a different coast. I do not respond and go to the app and unmatch him immediately so he could see that I am not interested anymore because he stood me up. He saw that I unmatched him and did not send anything to clear a misunderstanding. 4 days later, I feel I acted on impulse and I regret letting him go because something might have come up and he got busy

Scarface
    Scarface
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 11:53 pm #189767

and I really like him. He is charismatic and well educated and ambitious. I took a couple of my friends’ advice and they were totally opposite of each other. I feel stupid for acting so quick and I really want to show him that I am still interested in him but at the same time I do not want to seem so needy. It turns that we met in person at a picnic ~ 2.5 yrs ago but we never spoke or exchanged numbers after that. My friend says that he is a player and just adding girls on facebook and not talking to them after the picnic is just a classic player move. I am confused. Please help, should I reach out to him or not? I am not needy but I feel I let a good one go. Also, my friend keeps telling me if he was really interested in you he would have made half an hour time to meet for coffee or explained the situation that came up.

datelikeabosss
    datelikeabosss
    Participant
    November 26, 2018 at 4:47 pm #189872

Hey!

I think you are trying to do a lot of guess-work, if I were you I’d apologize for acting hastily due to feeling offended, ask him what happened and try to make a decision moving forward with tangibles. You still don’t know him very well and the only way to know what you are dealing with would be to face it on directly. I will say though, if a guy is into you, he will do a damn good job of letting you know 🙂

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2018 at 3:23 pm #190404

This guy flaked on you multiple times and now you feel you cut him off too soon.
    The truth is he’s got you jumping through hoops and guessing what you should do because he’s not committing.

If you have to “figure a guy out” it usually means he’s not into YOU.
    If he wanted to see you he would have made time to see you.
    Truthfully he probably hooked up with another girl.

As far as being a “player” it’s not exactly as if you were a “couple”.
    Both of you should be keeping your dating options open!

CyphorX
    CyphorX
    Participant
    December 2, 2018 at 8:03 pm #190408

you have already done the damage, if he is smart he will never trust you chalk this one up as learning and don’t do it to the next guy.

Atrasutra
    Atrasutra
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 10:34 am #190452

Take responsibility and move on.

Jenarmen
    Jenarmen
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 12:29 pm #190476

I think you should reach out to him and just tell him how you feel about it.

jaszmeen
    jaszmeen
    Participant
    December 5, 2018 at 11:38 am #190507

Sadly, it seems that the damage is done.