I dont know what to with this guy help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 3:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

katherinexh
    katherinexh
    Participant
    February 18, 2019 at 7:49 pm #195122

5 years ago i met a guy and we hit it off immediately, there was wit, excitement and a lot of fun, we were 15 and 16 at the time so we both never really had all that stuff before. It was a pretty big deal for me but we were never officially dating. That didnt really bother me because what we had was enough and i was scared that something was going to change if we put a lable on it ( i think that has to do with my divorced parents and my moms inability to keep a man for more that a year.) But i think my fear of commitment made him insecure and we gradually stopped talking. About a year after we stopped talking we ran into eachother at a party and it felt like we never stopped. We had so much fun that night and it all felt like old times, he texted me the next morning we talked for a bit but after that I didn’t hear anything from him again.

katherinexh
    katherinexh
    Participant
    February 19, 2019 at 8:21 am #195123

But last month out of the blue he started responding to my insta and snapchat stories again asking questions about how ive been and what ive been up to lately stuff like that. Shortly after that began i ran into him at a bar we were both drunk and i went home with him.(smart i know.) We occasionally talked after that and now he texted me that he wants to go out for drinks with me, but i think I ruined it by replying sarcastically and kind of dodgy. I do want to do it, all the guys ive been with after him were nothing in comparison and he was and is the only guy i have ever loved. But im scared of a repeat of what happened in the past so everytime he comes close i push him away but i dont want him to go and i dont know what to do. Especially now that i think i ruined it. So what do i do i need help

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 19, 2019 at 4:19 pm #195202

“…he wants to go out for drinks with me, but i think I ruined it by replying sarcastically and kind of dodgy.”

If you ever find yourself in a hole, the first thing you want to do is stop digging!

Truth be told if you want to be someone stop acting like you don’t.
    Call the guy up and apologize for your stupid reply and (ask him) out.

You’re both in your early 20s and most people dating at this age are not going find their “soulmate”.
    So stop putting pressure on yourself. If it’s meant to be it will be and if not life goes on.

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Boom