I dont understand

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I dont understand

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 9:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    May 4, 2019 at 11:54 pm #199869
    I dont understand

So i met this 19 year old boy, who is my friends brother. Initially i invited him to join us cuz he always isolate himself when me and his brother and other friends hang out. Then he starts to act weird after i opened up to him and chat with him frequently. (I treat him like my own brother). On occassions he will talk random topics to me, fidget around when Im around, preens himself when i walk past him, and starts to tease me a lot which can get supper annoying. He stared intensely once or twice at me also.

When i chat him it is usually friendly superficial talk but he always remembers the details. He asks who i am with now and sometimes when i told him im close with someone, he asked me to go get married with that person right away or he will get curious who i am now close with.

I rrcently visited him in Australia where he goes to school. He plans everything ahead what we are going to do and even offers to pay meals. Teasing becomes full blown teasing. But now he gets super rude

Participant
    May 5, 2019 at 12:06 am #199870

He is rude where he doesnt look at me when i talk to him, always gets distracted by his phone games. When i asked him to bring along his friends, he almost never brings them, and give excuses. I gave him friendly tips on how to succeed in college, and gave him a friendly pat, he gets super sensitive with the whole “touching.” Even once when I was chilling on the couch and he is sitting next to me watching netflix. He suddenly accuse me of getting too close and asked me to sit further even though i did not move from my initial spot. When we had dinner with his friend, now he suddenly talks to me non stop, unlike when theres only two of us where he play games and has no eye contact. He often says he is lazy to do this and that yet still accompanies me the whole day. He twist around facts when we have a friendly banter. He goes to clubs with his friends but when i asked him to join me for a drink he refuses like crazy. I treat him like my own bro but i dont understand his antics at all.

Participant
    May 6, 2019 at 9:11 am #199871

I thought he might be a little gay, since he also almost never have substantial relationship or talk about other girls to me ever (he admitted he had been in a relationship once only). But yeah it seems the more i treat him nicely the worse the antics become. Anyone knows what is going through his mind?

Chicagofan123
    Chicagofan123
    Participant
    May 6, 2019 at 9:23 am #199935

He seems like the type of guy who has problems of his own that he needs to work out before committing himself to anyone.

Serendipity084
    Serendipity084
    Participant
    May 6, 2019 at 10:17 am #199938

How old is he?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 7, 2019 at 11:50 am #200028

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    Move on!

penah
    penah
    Participant
    May 12, 2019 at 3:40 am #200236

Don’t worry about it. Move on and don’t worry what other people do or how they behave.