I don't understand this guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 7:17 pm #201241

I used to work with this guy and I helped him through his breakup last year, we talked all night every night about anything and when he got sad about her I’d help him work through it. After he left we carried on talking for a while but we got into a fight because he called my friend a C..t and I told her. Then he unblocks me 6 months later and apologises. We talked for a bit but just ended up only sending streaks to each other. Well I messaged him the other day and we talked all day until I realised that he wasn’t at his house anymore, I told him I’d stop texting and let him get back to his friends but he told me to carry on because he liked me company. As the night went on he got more drunk and told me that he also had a crush on me when we used to work together and admitted that he still does, but that was last night, what do I do? Should I wait for him to message me cause he said he didn’t understand what happened last night when I asked him earlier and he shut down last night after

Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 7:21 pm #201242

Telling me. I just don’t understand him, we were so close as well but now it feels like he’s messing with me. He just turned cold suddenly after telling me that he wasn’t over me and started ignoring me. It’s so confusing, I don’t wanna force the conversation you know? I want him to want to message me

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 12:51 pm #201314

If you have to “figure out” a guy it usually means he’s not all that into you.

“I want him to want to message me.” Why????
    There is nothing you have said about this guy which would appear on most women’s “must have list”.
    Please don’t be the girl who loves to “take on projects” or “romanticizes obstacles”.
    Let go of the need to (fix) a man and instead find one who already has their act together!

The beginning of a new relationship is normally filled with infatuation and wonderful delights.
    If you’re dealing with all of this (drama) and have never even been on a date that spells trouble.

Secondly it’s normal for people who are hurting to become attached to their counselor or advisor.
    If you were a professional therapist you’d recommend he start meeting with another therapist.

Last but not least don’t dwell on anything said under the influence of alcohol or drugs!
    It’s time for you to get out on the dating scene and meet someone who wants you, not needs you.

Naomi4477
    Naomi4477
    Participant
    June 8, 2019 at 1:19 pm #201733

I would just wait for him to reach out to you about it. He might want to talk about it at a later time, but right now it seems like he doesn’t want to deal with it. Give him some time to process things, and then see if he reaches out to you.