I Don’t Understand This Man. Help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    November 15, 2018 at 6:35 pm #189450

WARNING: Can be unnecessarily detailed. Haha

I met a guy 7 years older than me on a dating app. He wanted to meet up straight away. I agreed but suggested we get to know each other first. So he asked for my number because he doesn’t go online that often. In our first long convo, virginity was one of the topics. He told me “Don’t tell me you’re a v?” and I said I was. He didn’t want to believe me maybe because I’m a 25 year old virgin? We’ve been talking for a few days now and the other night we had a heavy topic and he brought up me being a v again because he doesn’t believe me. The conversation continued and he was asking so much questions. He asked me if I’ve ever been touched by a guy. And I just wanted to be honest. I don’t share much but this time maybe I shared too much? I said I have been but not with my consent and when I was a little girl. He then started so many questions. I told him a couple times that I said what I wanted to say and…

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    November 15, 2018 at 6:36 pm #189451

that he didn’t need to know anything else about it anymore. But he still goes on and even asks who did that to me? I was sort of annoyed and I replied after an hour or two. I said I didn’t want to talk about it anymore. Very straightforward. Then he asked if he could call me but I didn’t reply because I feel like his going to interrogate me. So I fell alseep and woke up because he was calling. I didn’t answer and went back to sleep. The next day, I sort of felt bad because I chose to share something so personal so I had to be ready for his questions (but he didn’t respect what I didn’t want to share as well that’s why I was annoyed). So I texted him first and said sorry about last night. I just really did’t want to talk about it anymore. And he just replied, “Ok” and now I feel like I’m the one at fault?

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    November 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm #189452

I also hate that when I ask him something just so I can to know him better he can just avoid the question and when I don’t answer his questions, he bombards me. When I don’t reply right away he always sends follow up texts like “Hey”. I don’t really mind this one but I don’t know. I didn’t text after that anymore because I didn’t want to deal with him anymore but he sent his usual “Hey” again. I still haven’t replied because I don’t want to and am thinking if I should just move on. But am also contemplating if I should continue getting to know him more? I’m also pretty sure he’s going to text me again later.

So much issues in one thread and it’s all over the place. I appreciate all opinions regarding my situation. Thanks so much!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 17, 2018 at 5:48 pm #189615

Block his number and move on!
    “when I ask him something just so I can to know him better he can just avoid the question..”

That pretty much tells you he doesn’t want to invest his time sharing anything with you.
    Clearly he wanted to have sex with you as soon as possible and has been fixated on your virginity.

1.You made a major mistake giving him your phone number.
    2. It doesn’t sound like you are exploring other options on the dating the app.
    3. Oversharing with a stranger runs the risk of telling them how to manipulate you.

When you choose to focus on one person you start becoming emotionally invested too soon.
    You’re not in a relationship with him! Keep your options open by being in touch with other guys.

You are entitled to have your own mate selection process and must haves list.
    Never let anyone rush you into giving out your phone number or personal information.
    If someone using an online dating app “doesn’t go online often” then he shouldn’t have signed up!

Miss Behaven
    Miss Behaven
    Participant
    November 20, 2018 at 6:53 am #189666

Good advice from Dashing Scorpio. Block. Move on.

Aliya
    Aliya
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 10:40 am #189690

It’s good to avoid those people

Brad
    Brad
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 3:22 pm #189696

Well my dear, I will tell you impartially
    First, you must answer yourself to this question
    Do you really love him?
    And does he really love you
    Because, as I understand, you have intervened in very personal things about you
    Because if I continue in this way I mean questioning, I will guarantee you your life with him will not be happy
    And the fact that if he loves you will go beyond all this does not matter what is important is you
    Because if he loves you because you feel annoyed, he should try to make you happy
    Believe me, love is the greatest thing in existence, but for those who know it
    Well, what I will tell you is difficult but the solution
    You have to cut your relationship with him block his number and move on
    Because this person will tire you a lot in the future

dimaggio90
    dimaggio90
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm #189717

I agree block his number and move on

Anonobody
    Anonobody
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 10:01 am #189723
    Reply To: I Don’t Understand This Man. Help?

Definately block him. No mature male should be asking about sex. It will happen when both parties are ready.

Scarface
    Scarface
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 11:38 pm #189765

pervert. block and move one with someone closer in age. online dating sucks

Vanness
    Vanness
    Participant
    November 28, 2018 at 1:07 am #190021

Block him a million times and move on. He isnt the only one in the world

flamnmac
    flamnmac
    Participant
    November 29, 2018 at 6:32 am #190185

TIME TO DUMP AND RUN … While in this day and age its unusual in common belief there are a lot of women who choose to remain virgins surprise there are lots who do. That he is fixated on that leads me to believe he is a scorecard keeper . not what you want or need. My advice is to leave.