I don't want to give up on him…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

p23
    p23
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 5:57 pm #189751

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am not the girl who is vulnerable, dependent, and in this case “fake” (I’ll get to that later). My whole life revolves around being in the ocean; surfing, diving, fishing, swimming, you name it. I am striving towards a career that allows me to be in the water. To simplify it, the ocean is my life. I’ve spent years trying to get people to understand this obsession and it’s extremely difficult. That’s why when I finally met Nick, I was instantly into him. I sat next to him and we could not stop talking about surfing, free diving, fishing, etc. After a week, we started hanging out at the beach any chance we could get. I was so happy to be with someone who understands my obsession and has that same passion. A month ago, I finally worked up the courage and told him I liked him. He did reject me. He went on about me being a bro and how we’re too much alike. I hated hearing that, I’ve heard that same stuff too many times……

p23
    p23
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 6:18 pm #189752

I’m sick of being that girl who is just a bro. That’s pretty much what I said to him. I continued by saying that I am not the girl who will go against their morals to attract a guy. Every time I’m with him, I can actually be myself. When he was driving me home, he brought up that it’s okay to tell small lies when trying to get with someone. I immediately disagreed and called him out on that. He paused and came to agree with me. When we said goodbye, we hugged it out and he started getting teary eyed. I could tell he had alot going through his head. Right now, he is eager to remain friends but it’s just tearing me up inside. I want to tell him how I feel. I know if I do that, I am running a huge risk of losing him. What do I do?

Homeboy123
    Homeboy123
    Participant
    November 25, 2018 at 9:13 pm #189780

sounds like the guy as you say might have a lot on his mind. He might not be ready for a relationship or maybe he simply does not want to have a relationship with you.

You should tell him sooner rather then later.
    If you still want to be friends, then don’t give him an ultimatum.
    Confess and tell him.
    You can’t force this kind of stuff, no matter how much you want it to work.
    You could also just not tell him, and just let things stay the same, but it feels like you really want to tell him.
    Do what feels right, not what someone on here says.