I feel like my boyfriend is getting advice from his ex about me.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Toska
    Toska
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 4:25 pm #175999

My boyfriend asked me why I don’t wear the ring he bought me. I didn’t see it as a big deal. More like a gift than anything. He said he knew it wasn’t a diamond ring or anything but that’s all he could afford. Ten minutes before he texted me about his concerns, his ex made a post about women who don’t appreciate rings(when they’re not diamonds) don’t deservce love. They have a child together, so I understand they talk about their daughter together. But I didn’t expect him to talk to her about our relationship. I told him I wasn’t looking for someone who has a friendly relationship with an ex. Co-parenting is fine with me. But I feel betrayed at this point.

What would you do in my situation? Am I overreacting? Is that not enough evidence?

We’ve been together for five months. Long distance. I went to per page in the first three months. I noticed on five different occassions where she would make posts relating to our conversations hours later or the next day. Which makes me feel weird.

LostinLove007
    LostinLove007
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 5:52 pm #176008

Thats really weird, he still cares about what his EX says. Like she does not have to be in the business. However, its up to your man to stop being petty and stop telling her everything you all talk about. Its about TRUST and I would feel some type of way if I knew my conversation would end up being spoken to his ex about.

pakster123
    pakster123
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 12:29 am #176028

That’s a big NO. A) He shouldn’t be talking to his EX about you and B) it is very rude of her to be passive aggressive like that on social media and C) he is allowing it to happen like wtf. You should not just tolerate that.

compek
    compek
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 2:25 am #176029

You need to talk to him about this, he should not be talking to his ex about these issues at all. He needs to come to you first and get the full story, your relationship is none of her business he wouldn’t like it if you were discussing that stuff with an ex of yours. She’s obviously quite petty too and loving it if she’s posting in on social media. You need to stand your ground with that and tell him if he has an issue he needs to come to you and only you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 1:10 pm #178271

” I told him I wasn’t looking for someone who has a friendly relationship with an ex. Co-parenting is fine with me. But I feel betrayed at this point.”
    In an ideal world co-parenting is a (friendly relationship) on behalf of the children involved.

It sounds like he loves you and wanted a woman’s opinion on why a woman would not wear a ring her man gave to her.

Naturally his ex is not just the mother of his child but she’s also a friend.
    The fact that you have access to what his (ex) posts on her social media sounds like she’s “his friend” or she’s friends with both of you.

Only you can determine if a guy remaining friends with his “baby momma” is a real “deal breaker”.
    There are lots of guys who still have sex with their exes would never have brought up their current girlfriend.
    If it is a “deal breaker” you may want to avoid dating guys who have children altogether.