I feel ugly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I feel ugly

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 12:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MissJ
    MissJ
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 7:27 pm #166064
    I feel ugly

Couple weeks ago, I started chatting with a guy online and then we started talking on the phone everyday for a 2 weeks. On my dating profile, I had 2 pictures without any makeup etc. I like to keep it real and don’t want to shock any guy lol
    Then, we decided to exchange more pictures. The picture i sent wasn’t a good. My 3 year old nephew took it and it was a bad angle lol (When i sent it, i thought i was keeping it real). He sent a very nice message and basically sugar coated that he is not interested, which is fine because having that attraction is important.

We only talked and never met. Recently, i ran into him and he came up to me. He said he was sorry and wanted to go out for coffee. We joked about the bad pictures but now i feel ugly and insecure. A part of me doesn’t want to meet up but another part is saying he could be the one.

What should i do?

dare7
    dare7
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 6:38 am #166073

No one should ever make you feel ugly or insecure. However we all make snap judgements about people based on looks – its that tinder dating world we live in. I think that even though you feel that way, give him a chance. There is no harm in meeting someone for coffee and showing your real worth as a person. He apologised – if he is willing to see he made a mistake and is willing to take responsibility for that mistake then that I see that as a positive. Even though we like to think that we don’t want guys to judge us on our looks, I think we still should make an effort to look and feel good about ourselves from time to time. But that also goes the same for men. If he makes little to no effort in sprucing himself up for a coffee date then ditch his ass. But you yourself need to get your confidence back. You need to accept who you are and how you look, get that love for yourself back first. And when you are mentally and emotionally strong again, give it another try.

KCBrown
    KCBrown
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 8:42 am #167405

Give him a chance. He apologised and wants to hang out. You should not feel ugly or insecure, there is nothing wrong with keeping things real and I think it shows great confidence when you can share bad photos and laugh about it.
    If it doesn’t work out, don’t blame yourself. Someone out there will accept you and your bad angled photos!