I Fell In Love With A Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 11:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JamieF99
    JamieF99
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 12:33 am #181263

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I met a girl a few years back, quite a few actually. As far fetched and lucrative as it sounds I fell in love with her. It wasn’t lust or well built, friendship based romance. It was love at first sight. She was a pier of mine in highschool. However, at the time I was very shy–she was gregarious and outgoing. I was extremely athletic played basketball etc…but still didn’t have the guts to ask her out. I did once, but I, out of inexperience and embarrassment, made it into a joke. I had a laugh with her and walked away. Several years have gone by and I still have the same butterflies in my stomach whenever I think about her. As my dad used to say, “You know you’re in love when the throb in your heart is greater than or equal to the throb in you genitals…”

She’s a gorgeous girl, but she doesn’t fit the stereotype Hollywood body. She’s fairly athletic and has a shinning smile. The trouble is, how to ask her out now?

JamieF99
    JamieF99
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 12:39 am #181264

I have not SEEN her for over a year and a half, much less had a conversation with her. She’s not dating anyone as far as I know. I have her social media. But how do I go about approaching her? I can’t confess my love to her over coffee. I’m hook, line and sinker gone for her. I consider myself to be a fairly attractive dude. I’m ripped, I’m over 6 feet tall. I’m in an up and coming band. Hell, I’ve dated girls who most would say are more attractive than her. I feel like I’ve accencuated a fantasy beyond reality. I need some grounding, yet forward moving, advice. Thanks so much!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 13, 2018 at 12:04 pm #181454

Connect with her on social media and ask her out to lunch to catch up on old times.

When you have lunch you can tell her: “I don’t know if you knew it or not but back in high school I had a major crush on you.” (laugh)
    See how she reacts from hearing that. If she smiles that’s a good sign. If she’s “matter of fact” and states she was unaware…. There may be a problem.

Ultimately if the date goes well and there’s free flowing conversation and laughter.
    You might end it with saying: “I had a great time seeing you and would love to do it again.”
    If she implies she feels the same way once you walk her to her car or drop her off lean in and give her a good-bye kiss.
    Call or text her the next day with date idea for later in the week….etc

To be “in love” you have to (truly know) someone!

In order for (her) to be “the one” she would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa)