I got an arranged marriage and am kind of not into her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

marriedbachelor
    marriedbachelor
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 1:00 pm #197507

So I am a Muslim and got into an arranged marriage. I guess partly is my fault cuz I wasn’t “alpha” to say the least. I had many opportunities to find my own girl but my beta traits never lead me to find my own.

At age 37 I was flown by mommy and daddy to India from USA to find my “partner” (basically in our religion we have standards to marry the same religious opposite sex).

Now I am in a situation where she is in India and we are waiting for USCIS to approve her right to enter USA by a visa.

Things that don’t make her my type I feel are the following

1. She doesn’t understand USA entertainment such as television, stars, music etc.
    2. She doesn’t understand sarcasm humor or
    3. She doesn’t dress like Americans (I understand she was raised in India and only would know what she knows to her knowledge)
    4. She doesn’t speak good english

Honestly I feel like doing a secret divorce and run as fast as I could….advice?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 2:06 pm #197510

All the things you mention you don’t like about her are superficial.
    Odds are in 10 years she’ll become accustom to living the lifestyle of Americans.
    Learning American customs via osmosis is how many immigrants (who choose to assimilate) do so.
    Unfortunately not everyone who moves here WANTS to actually be a part of our culture.

We make it easy for many people to live and function without ever having to learn English.
    There are probably Indian restaurants, social clubs, radio/TV stations and newspapers.
    Assimilation in America is a choice! That’s a plus and a minus.

Not even all Americans share the same taste in humor, music, movies, fashion, and so on.
    Having the freedom to think as you please is one of the attractions people have towards the U.S.

As you know in American culture women generally are less submissive than women from very religious cultures.
    More often than not it is men from those countries who become upset when their (wives) become Americanized.