I have made a fool of myself – AGAIN, please help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 9:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

adreamerinjune
    adreamerinjune
    Participant
    December 20, 2017 at 10:03 am #160562

I dated him for a short time last year, we met through friends, he was flakey and unreliable, but sweet, smart and a gentleman. Until I started to complain about constant cancellations. He would call me crazy and insecure. I would see him maybe once a week, never got a present or a card from him, didn’t know where he lived. I eventually snapped and accused him of lying, he called me aggressive and ended it.
    We ran into each other on a trip we took with our friends a year later. He joked about sharing a room with me, told me he wouldn’t mind if the wind lift up my skirt, he was tactile. We went out one time after that to discuss our break up, he apologised for being stupid and said he wanted to be friends with me. Then we texted some more, he asked me to hang out again – and then nothing. I knew he was busy but when my friends asked me to hang out with them and him (he didn’t know I would be there), I called him out on it, he called me insane and said he is not my boyfriend and can do

adreamerinjune
    adreamerinjune
    Participant
    December 20, 2017 at 10:05 am #160563

whatever he wants. Which makes sense. But then he mentioned last year and said I was the same insecure girl I was then. I was confused since he had apologised for how he acted in our relationship and now he was throwing it into my face again. I know I shouldn’t have complained but it all felt a bit too familiar. He then said he didn’t have any feelings for me anymore, wasn’t attracted to me and wasn’t even sure he wanted to be friends with me anymore. He then said that he wasn’t even thinking about being with me UNTIL his business kicked off. So now I am confused, which one was it? I told him his behaviour was not simply friendly (but I did apologise for overreacting), he said I was crazy. But then he did tell me he didn’t event think about being with me until he sorted out his business. So which one is it? Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

obrady9
    obrady9
    Participant
    December 23, 2017 at 2:08 am #160899

If a man is using words like crazy or insane it’s a sure sign that he has behavioral problems that will become problematic. Men who choose those terms often times are using them to deflect your reaction to their bad behavior. I’d move on to a more reliable guy.

obrady9
    obrady9
    Participant
    December 23, 2017 at 2:11 am #160900

Also apologizing then recanting his appology by throwing it in your face means his word doesn’t mean anything and it’s virtually impossible to have a healthy relationship with that kind of person.