I have shown my feelings towards a woman but she acts very skiddish around me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

monty
    monty
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 3:26 am #186736

I’m a man who sold my home in 2017 and have been living in an apartment for almost a year. There are a number of male and female singles who reside in this complex. I have only gotten to know a few but a Latino woman has tickled my fancy. These seniors might be divorced or widowed and seem to mostly keep to themselves. I have spoken to her occasionally but am worried that now she is spooked when standing close to me. I’m Caucasian so this may be a problem for her so what is the best way to proceed?

lucashood2018
    lucashood2018
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 6:35 am #186737

Ask her out, if she says no move on

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 12:34 pm #186831

“I have shown my feelings towards a woman but she acts very skiddish around me?”
    (How did you show your feelings towards her?)

“I have spoken to her occasionally but am worried that now she is spooked..”
    (What exactly did you say?) A warm greeting with a kind smile usually doesn’t spook anyone!

Is she fluent in English?
    Is she divorced or widowed? (A widow can be a tough nut to crack)
    Do you see her associating with other men? women only? Caucasians? Latinos only?

Generally I advise guys to make their romantic intentions known asap to avoid being put into the “friend zone”.
    However in a retirement community it might be best to gradually develop a friendship.
    Find out if she participates in any activities sponsored by the complex and if she does you should attend.
    Some people need frequent meetings in order to relax with new people.

Also keep your options open by creating an online dating profile on one of the sites geared towards (seniors).
    Sr. women outnumber men.

Best wishes!

monty
    monty
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 3:37 pm #186861

I just meant that from the first time we met I have greeted her warmly. She is attractive and speaks English well but I’m not sure about her being a widow. I know she works almost every evening and have not seen her truthfully with men or women. She would not accept if I were to ask her out today because I’m with you that she is probably someone who takes awhile to get comfortable around others.