I just don't know what to do…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 8:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Atomika
    Atomika
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 7:11 pm #197518

So I started talking with this girl a week ago today. We hit it off quickly & texed every day. She’d text me good morning each morning, she’d text me periodically while at work when she could , the. It would pick up once she was off work & she’d continue till she went to bed ending each evening with good night. Our dynamic was amazing never any awkward pauses or loss of anything to talk about. We spent nearly all our time joking & flirting. She’d send me pictures videos & voice clips. It had been insinuated that we would meet up/ go do something sometime. & that’s where the trouble started. See she told me she hates talking on the phone, it gives her anxiety. I told her I just wanted to talk for a moment so we could get some thing lined up for me to come see her (she lives 3 hrs away). By pressing the issue I apparently upset her. Her last text to me (yesterday about 3pm) was “I’m going back to bed, I’ll text you later” I apologized for trying to talk to her, (Cont. in reply)…

Atomika
    Atomika
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 7:24 pm #197519

& explained why I wanted to speak with her, that I find. It easier to make plans that way & left it at that & waited for a reply. 4 1/2 hrs later nothing. I had been sending her cute memes prior that she enjoyed , so I sent one of a kitten saying “please don’t be mad at me” . Nothing. I waited till 11pm as that’s when she generally does to bed & simply told her goofing sweet dreams as we had done each night prior, & I havnt texted her since. I notice her online on the dating site we were using. Generally I jus say screw it & move on, but she’s different than all the other girls I generally meet, I’ve
    Honestly never met a girl I’ve had so much in common with that has all the same interests as me (comics, vid games, RC, music, reading, movies,
    Outdoors etc.) I’m tired of the same old empty, shallow broads I’m used to encountering. So I’m
    Not sure what to do. Continue to give her space? Hope she comes around? Or text her & tell her how I feel? See if she’s lost interest & moved on?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 25, 2019 at 2:14 pm #197583

You didn’t mention whether or not you met her (online) or not.
    “I’ve had so much in common with that has all the same interests as me (comics, vid games, RC, music, reading, movies,”
    Are you SURE you’re dealing with a girl? Sounds like you may be being “catfished”.
    ” She’d send me pictures videos & voice clips…” Those could easily be of someone else!

“she told me she hates talking on the phone, it gives her anxiety.”
    I call B.S.! No one who is actually (into) you is not going to want to hear your voice or see you in person.

What you have described sounds exactly like the old MTV show Catfish.
    Someone is pretending to be a person they are not just engage with others online and it gets carried away.
    Every time there is a plan to meet up in person something “dramatic” happens this person has to cancel.
    People have fallen in love with folks they have never met in person or heard their voice.
    Anyone refusing to video chat with you or simply talk on the phone is a red flag!

Atomika
    Atomika
    Participant
    April 10, 2019 at 8:18 am #198405

Yes. I met her online. I know I’m not being catfished, I’m not stupid. When I say she sends me pics & vids & voice clips the are in real time, & pertinent to the subject & context at hand. Mostly thru snapchat. Plus just to be sure & early on. I Facebook stalked her. She’s real. Since my post. She’s come back around and things were fine again. However, I’m noticing a pattern forming. When she gets upset. She shuts off, not just from me but everyone. So I’ll just have to play it by ear & see how it goes.

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:19 am #202173

yeah i can see what he is saying where that could be suspicious if they all exactly the same interests as you do and so so much in common