I just hungout with someone I haven’t seen in 10 years.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pigeon
    Pigeon
    Participant
    March 5, 2020 at 5:22 pm #230961

Metup with a girl I liked in school. She was busy that weekend so we texted all week then went.
    We went to a barcade. We kept giving each other looks. I hugged her she suggested we hangout again sometime.
    We texted more that weekend, but I couldn’t stand it and straight up told her I liked her and I wasn’t sure how I should go about it.
    Her brother passed 5 years ago and says relationships have been weird since.
    She said she likes chatting and liked hanging out, but nothing for now.
    She also said who knows what will happen in the future. This doesn’t really help my neuroticism.
    Weve been texting a bit since then about our lives and interests, but I’m basically the one that asks the questions.
    She’s pretty independent but hangs out with a ton of friends, so I can’t tell if she’s just being friendly.
    She said she’s not the type to look for a relationship.
    I don’t want to be a bug about it, even though she says im not.
    Should I wait for her to text, or keep it casual and keep initiating?

datingstudent
    datingstudent
    Participant
    March 6, 2020 at 4:00 am #230968

“A part of me just tells me that if we could just be together shit would be from there”.

I actually said that when I had a relationship with issues like this. Idk if it might sound familiar to you or I just missed, but what I think is that you’ve already had some conversations about these problems and they don’t seem to be going anywhere. You mentioned you are anxious about it and she has some other concerns too; I don’t know to what extent two people like you describe could ever be fine in a relatioship.

With that said I’ve seen some of your comments and you seem real smart about this. You couuld probably make a better judgment thsn mine if you just thought about it with perspective and calm.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 6, 2020 at 12:29 pm #231015

“She said she likes chatting and liked hanging out…”

“Weve been texting a bit since then…”

“…but I’m basically the one that asks the questions.”

“She said she’s not the type to look for a relationship.”

Pigeon, I believe if you re-read the above four statements you’ll realize this is a dead end.
    Wherever someone (tells you) they are NOT looking for a relationship BELIEVE them!

In order for (her) to be “the one” she would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Move on and find a girl who is actually (into) YOU!

Best wishes!

p.s. Stop “hanging out” and start dating!

(Asking a girl to “hang out” is begging her to put you in the “friend zone”.)

Rejection is the friend you never knew you needed. It saves you time and money!

Pigeon
    Pigeon
    Participant
    March 10, 2020 at 2:28 pm #231299

Well I thought I’d give an update. Were still texting. Plans for this weekend.
    I’m not the type to believe that there’s a soulmate. I believe that you meet someone with similar interests, and you grow together from there.
    I’m not the type to just jump into dating, and I would think my “soulmate” wouldn’t be either.

As for dashingscorpio. Idk who you think you are to give advice. You seem to think that if a girl is putting out, then shes the “right one”. You think ghosting someone after sex is fine because youll never see them again. Like really. Your morals are questionable at best. You think the best advice is to move on to the next slut.

Congrats on your wife. I hope she never sees this account.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Pigeon Pigeon.