I know he likes me, but he’s shy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 2:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HopelessRomantic3
    HopelessRomantic3
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 8:35 pm #228075

I’ve known this guy for about six months. We met at a friend’s party and connected instantly. Shortly after, we started to hang out and became good friends. He’s literally my soulmate. At first I was convinced that we were just friends with no intention to change that, although we were flirting quite a lot. But I didn’t take that seriously. Lately, we’re joking around about starting a relationship and although we are officially joking, I can tell that we both mean it. One night, he then told me that he would definitely like to date me. And to be honest, I would really like to try it out too. But this guy is kind of shy, especially when it comes to dating, and the last time we met he admitted that he wanted me to make the first step. Which I did. We talked and I made it pretty clear that I’d like to be with him. But somehow things don’t feel right. What does he expect from me? Also I think that if he’s really interested, it’s now his turn to make a move. We seem to be going backwards…

PrettyLittle
    PrettyLittle
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 8:39 am #228081

Maybe you could communicate your concerns with him? It does seem like he is interested in you, but maybe he is just as confused about all of this as your are. I’m quite shy myself, and I know that even when I’ve heard from someone that they like me I am not sure what to do.
    You said you made it pretty clear that you’d like to be with him? He might need to hear you say the words outright to him.
    I say go for it, just straight up ask him out with no question of what you mean.
    Good luck!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 21, 2020 at 1:27 pm #228154

“..we started to hang out and became good friends.”
    ” He’s literally my soulmate.”
    ” we’re joking around about starting a relationship and although we are officially joking, I can tell that we both mean it.”
    “One night, he then told me that he would definitely like to date me.”
    “..the last time we met he admitted that he wanted me to make the first step.”
    “I made it pretty clear that I’d like to be with him. But somehow things don’t feel right. What does he expect from me?”

Please tell me you are teenagers!
    If this is coming from two grown adults it’s downright pitiful.
    Dating isn’t exactly rocket science!

Generally the (guy) asks the girl to go out for lunch, to a movie, or whatever else and (he) pays for it.
    They talk, laugh, flirt, hold hands, kiss/make out, and in the end make plans to see each other again.
    In between dates they talk on the phone, text, and email one another.

If two people WANT to be together and yet it’s not happening someone is lying.
    Any guy who can’t meet you half way after giving him the green light isn’t all that into you.

nyoyperez
    nyoyperez
    Participant
    January 23, 2020 at 4:09 am #228248

You should do the first move 🙂

bbymarzzz
    bbymarzzz
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 10:42 pm #229559

make the first move, I’m telling you, he will come out of his shell!!!