I lied to this girl about having my drivers license & I’m afraid I lost her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 10:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LionSage
    LionSage
    Participant
    April 24, 2019 at 2:15 pm #199072

We have been talking for about a month now. We have gone on dates and hung out, but the problem is I don’t have my drivers license. She lives 30 minutes away from me and I felt bad about her always going out of her way to see me. So the first time she squashed it once she found out I lied to her, now we haven’t talked for two days. But she still likes my posts on insta and watches my snap stories. She knows I’m a great guy and lying to her about having my license is the only bad thing I’ve done & I apologized.

I don’t know if I lost her or if I should give her space. I’m thinking I should give her space so she knows I’m
    Not needy, but I don’t want her to think I’ve lost interest. Mind you, I’ve never gotten this far with a girl before, sad I know.
    I don’t know what I should do. I thought about inviting her to lunch, but maybe she needs space.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Iamnotme
    Iamnotme
    Participant
    April 24, 2019 at 5:07 pm #199111

Whats the reason you lied? To seem cooler? To let her know you can be independent to see her?

Whatever the reason bring it up next time you see her, and share the real reason why you lied and apologize. Admitting fault is good and she will understand.

LionSage
    LionSage
    Participant
    April 24, 2019 at 8:17 pm #199140

I lied to her because she would drive 30 minutes to see me & spend the rest of our time together driving. And she recently hurt her ankle & I have plenty of driving practice. I wanted to drive her around and let her rest for a change.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 2, 2019 at 4:38 pm #199755

You first need to be HONEST with yourself!
    You didn’t lie to her because you felt bad about her always having to drive to see you.

You lied to her because you felt (embarrassed) because you do not have a driver’s license!
    All you can do is tell her the truth about what really motivated you to lie.
    Showing true contrition can sometimes cause people to empathize and forgive.

Anyone who lets someone drive a car without a license risks having their car impounded.
    You were NOT doing her any favors by driving around without a license and car insurance.
    Get your drivers license whether you end up with this girl or not!

Last but not least this is just one of many girlfriends you are likely to have in your lifetime.
    Most people don’t find their “soulmate” during their teenage years or even early 20s.
    Becoming overly emotionally invested in someone too soon usually leads to heartache.
    You’ve only been together 1 month. If she were “in love” with you she wouldn’t have dumped you over this.
    Odds are you were eventually going to stop seeing each other. That’s life!