I like a girl but..?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I like a girl but..?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

noobat99
    noobat99
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 2:54 pm #198018
    I like a girl but..?

So.. There’s a girl that I like, she goes to workout to the same park I do, I’ve seen her a couple times and I really like her. I’m not really that afraid to talk to her or being rejected, my real issue is that I’m a sort of loser right now I’m almost 30 and don’t have anything, not any special skill, career, etc.. not even my own place. So if I start a conversation trying to be a social and “brave enough to approach” guy, I’m thinking that is going to be pointless if I have nothing to offer and if she asks me about my life I’m not going to feel comfortable about my current situation.. I know that I could throw some small lies but even with that I think is not going to be enough. Big lying is not in my mind.
    I’m trying to fix my life but is going to take at least 2-5 years. So my final question is should I attempt anything with her? get her name and then dissappear but knowing that she now at least knows that I’m exist..? What would you do?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 4:37 pm #198043

“I’m a sort of loser right now I’m almost 30 and don’t have anything, not any special skill, career, etc.”
    First of all stop calling yourself a loser. People can also pick up on your body language when you’re negative.
    Stop worrying about not having anything to offer. There are drug addicts and homeless guys who manage to pick up girls.
    Apparently some women love to take on projects!

Secondly focus on (right now). Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.
    At this point we’re only talking about having some conversations, laughter, and possibly a little flirtation.
    If you sense there is a (mutual attraction) then you can invite her to do some low cost activity.
    Since she works out in the park she may be into cruising an outdoor farmer’s market or attending a daytime festival.

Thirdly you always have the option talk about working towards your goals rather than where you’re at right now.

Lastly all your worry may be for nothing!
    She could be a lesbian, married, has a guy, or you’re not her type.

noobat99
    noobat99
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 6:17 pm #198063

“She could be a lesbian, married, has a guy, or you’re not her type.”
    Yes I was aware, thinking that maybe her bf or husband would show up in the middle of my attempt.. anyway.. I think I better forget her.
    Thanks for your time.

Hungry4Love
    Hungry4Love
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 10:21 pm #198065

100% of striking out if you dont go up tp the plate and swing

NFLFAN95
    NFLFAN95
    Participant
    April 5, 2019 at 11:04 pm #198223

You should give it a chance.

newuser212
    newuser212
    Participant
    April 7, 2019 at 9:21 am #198247

Agreed with above

sundance31
    sundance31
    Participant
    April 7, 2019 at 4:33 pm #198250

I think you should approach her if you really feel that strongly about her. My two cents is that while it might hurt to have her reject you, it might hurt more long-term to be left wondering what might have been.

And then, I think you should be honest about where your life is at with her (and that you’re trying to improve it!). If you want to be in an intimate and personal relationship with her, she’d be finding that out eventually.