I like a guy but he doesn’t ask anything much about me ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 5:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

m123
    m123
    Participant
    January 24, 2020 at 5:51 pm #228398

I went on a date with a guy and he started off asking me a question but throughout the date the whole conversation was me asking about him. He didn’t really ask me much and when it got silent I felt like I had to try and think of something else to ask because I’m embarrassed of the silence. Even when texting he doesn’t really ask me much sometimes says and you but he asked me when can I see you again and I kinda don’t know if I should see him again or not. Everything is there between us he’s handsome,he opened doors for me and was super polite, he is adventurous like me, he’s everything I like but the conversation spark wasn’t there and I’m wondering if I should give him a second chance as he just said when can we go out again. Help?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 25, 2020 at 3:13 am #228407

“I like a guy but he doesn’t ask anything much about me ?”
    “..throughout the date the whole conversation was me asking about him.”
    “..when it got silent I felt like I had to try and think of something else to ask because I’m embarrassed of the silence.”
    “..he’s handsome, he opened doors for me and was super polite, he is adventurous like me, he’s everything I like.”

{You can’t manufacture chemistry. It’s either there or it’s not.}

During the “infatuation phase” of a budding romance couples usually laugh and talk for hours!
    If someone is truly (into you) they’re going to ask you questions.

There is a remote possibility he has very little dating experience and is shy.
    It’s also possible he’s just going through the motions with the hope of getting laid.
    Don’t allow yourself to become blinded by his being “handsome”. It won’t sustain a relationship.

A second date?
    Not many people would want a second helping of an awful meal. Suffering is optional.

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who {already is} what you want!

JoeGoldberg
    JoeGoldberg
    Participant
    January 26, 2020 at 5:47 am #228419

I’m new to this forum, but maybe he’s just kind of shy? or maybe he just didn’t know what to ask? It happens to me all the time when I meet new people, I just don’t know what to say, I don’t feel comfortable. After one or two hangouts though, the conversations start to flow, at least that’s the case for me. So I’d say give him another chance.

scotty
    scotty
    Participant
    January 26, 2020 at 10:54 pm #228422

It is hard to say. I personally have ghosted people online because they weren’t asking anything of me. When i ghosted them, they never came chasing after me afterwards. When they didn’t chase, i had my answer why they didn’t ask me questions…..they weren’t interested.

Alex Linden
    Alex Linden
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 3:48 pm #230322

It’s seems to me the better way for guy it’s lady!

sherms5751
    sherms5751
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 4:49 pm #230326

I think on your next date you should not try to fill the silence, see what happens when there is silence and if he doesn’t say anything then ask if everything is alright and you could even ask him why he is not talking. As for texting, try not starting the text and waiting for him to ask you things. If you ask something and he does not ask you anything back then just leave it and wait for him to text you.

whitegass
    whitegass
    Participant
    February 24, 2020 at 9:35 pm #230380

Just by chance I noticed your post. As a guy I think you might want to look at it like this; He may not be into you, or ne may be shy, or he may have a low social IQ or a whole bunch of other things that may be good reasons to question the plausibility of a relationship with him. but I will just say two things to think about. first if he isn’t asking you about you, does that really matter to you? if it does you have to ask yourself if you can live with that long term. if not you need to move on because he’s not going to change. if you can live with it then stop worrying about it and move forward.

if you decide to move forward I would think about my second point; Have you even asked him why he doesn’t seem to care about the intimate details of your life? maybe he has a good answer.. As a man I will tell you this; sometimes we mean well but we just don’t get it. Other times we just don’t care. either way we are more direct and how he answers you may tell you a lot.
    good luck

pinkie
    pinkie
    Participant
    February 25, 2020 at 8:09 pm #230468

Maybe he is an introvert