I like him, but can i be sure he still feels the same?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 1:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 3:56 am #176630

First, background:
    Last January, this guy I’ve known for a few years messaged me and we became really close and kept texting everyday for a little over a month. During that period, I disclosed that I liked someone else and because of that he stopped liking me, but I began to like him and then he drunk texted me saying he liked me too. Nothing came out of all of this however, and this frustrated me so I went full-petty and didn’t respond to the last text he sent me. He made no effort to keep the conversation or text relationship going because it was always me who texted first anyways. We never actually hung out in person even though we went to the same school, plus we had no classes together, and that was really the end of that.

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 3:57 am #176631

Until April 12th.
    He snapchatted me apologizing for how he “was a meanie” and “led me on” to which I told him “it’s okay it was a long time ago” and “I got over it”. Since then, we’ve been texting again and we went on a date later that week and really hit it off which was excellent because I really liked him, and it seemed he felt the same. Everything has been good after, we’ve gone out lots and I’ve met his family and we’ve kissed and whatnot but there are some things that are causing a strain. For one, he got a new job (in addition to his other job) in a neighbouring town which 1) makes the opportunities we have to see each other less frequent and 2) makes me unable to see him by driving him to work since it’s so far away. Because we don’t see each other as often, we’ve found ourselves relying on texting again. I am generally terrible at at in-person conversations because that way I can draw inspiration from the activity we’re doing or the location we’re in

Rabenzel
    Rabenzel
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 3:12 pm #176645

I have a similar situation

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 11, 2018 at 4:49 pm #176635

and things like that. So we continue to text. Neither of us like this though because we do find it impersonal and somewhat emotionless, as well as just exhausing actually. But between the days he works, and the time he spends with his friends, there isn’t much time for me. This has actually been something I’ve had trouble with because since we’re more comfortable around each other, we’re not in the stage where we’re constantly struggling trying to keep conversations going so I dont know if he’s busy or uninterested or tired, you know? This brings me to another point: I don’t know how he feels. We’ve been “together” for 54 days, but we haven’t established WHAT we are, or even if we’re dating, or just a ‘thing’. When I see him in person, he doesn’t express many feelings or

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 11, 2018 at 4:49 pm #176634

relationship (ever (I’m 17)) and I just don’t want to mess it up. So yeah.

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 11, 2018 at 4:49 pm #176633

anything and I understand that it’s because he’s shy. And he does hold my hand and cuddle and kiss me so I suppose that amounts to something but I wish he’d express it more, especially because he’s stopped such expressions over text. In the early-mid weeks, he’d always say I’m “cute” and “perfect” and “so important in his life” and I’d return these feelings because I KNEW how he felt and wouldn’t feel clingy or creepy saying those things. But now, and I know its silly, he doesn’t say this things at all except for the rare “cute” and it worries me because I don’t know how he feels! And I certainly don’t want to ask him and risk an unpleasant reaction because I REALLY like him and want our relationship to continue and because he does make me so happy. Any advice or criticism or ANYTHING is genuinely welcomed. Please.
    P.s.: a lot of what I’ve mentioned is juvenile stuff but this is my first

hi
    hi
    Participant
    June 11, 2018 at 4:50 pm #176632

and things like that. So we text. Neither of us like this though because we do find it impersonal and somewhat emotionless, as well as just exhausing actually. But between the days he works, and the time he spends with his friends, there isn’t much time for me. This has actually been something I’ve had trouble with because since we’re more comfortable around each other, we’re not in the stage where we’re constantly struggling trying to keep conversations going so I dont know if he’s busy or uninterested or tired, you know? This brings me to another point: I don’t know how he feels. We’ve been “together” for 54 days, but we haven’t established WHAT we are, or even if we’re dating, or just a ‘thing’. When I see him in person, he doesn’t express many feelings or

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 24, 2018 at 1:48 pm #177829

“(I’m 17)) and I just don’t want to mess it up. ”
    “We’ve been “together” for 54 days, but we haven’t established WHAT we are, or even if we’re dating, or just a ‘thing’.”

Teenage dating and early 20s while in college are about having fun, exploring, and learning.
    The mistake a lot of teenagers make is believing they have found their “soulmate” at age 16 or 17.
    The reality is no guy in that age range is looking to become his parents. (as in settled down, thinking about marriage or a future together).
    Any young woman looking for a relationship of depth is likely setting herself up for heartache.

The average age of a first time groom is 29 and for brides it is 27. Therefore the odds of a teenage romance lasting for life is unlikely.
    “When I see him in person, he doesn’t express many feelings…” He’s still a boy. Love/marriage aren’t a top priority for him.
    Date for fun!