I need advice on a strange type of relationship……..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 5:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Hollybear2013
    Hollybear2013
    Participant
    January 16, 2019 at 5:59 pm #192768

OK so I met this guy online in August 2018 and we both were just looking for friends but within a couple of weeks I really liked him and I told him and we started dating but never met in person. then a month into it I told him I loved him and he said it back a couple of times and then like a week later he stopped responding to me, then after a month of ignoring me and me going through some heartache he messaged me saying he was sorry but he was scared cause he hadn’t been in love before, which I understood and we became friends again and now I still love him but he doesn’t love me and he doesn’t know why, everytime I try to figure stuff out so I can either move on or be with him the answers I get is idk or I dont know what I want or I’m sorry I dont know how to answer that and I ask him why he doesn’t know and he says that he doesn’t know , I’m literally stuck in love with someone who doesn’t know what he wants, and yes I finally met him cause he only lives 7 minutes away…..

Hollybear2013
    Hollybear2013
    Participant
    January 16, 2019 at 6:01 pm #192769

we had sex a few times but just as fuck buddies basically, and he just keeps telling me its not him its me and he hasn’t even told his family about me being his friend or ex gf or even that he snuck me over a couple of times to fuck, his response for not telling them about me is he’s scared…… what should I do

Hollybear2013
    Hollybear2013
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 8:21 am #192770

sorry miss typed that last part, he just keeps telling me its not me its him

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 17, 2019 at 10:11 am #192840

“I’m literally stuck in love with someone who doesn’t know what he wants..”
    Actually he does know he does NOT want to be in an exclusive relationship with YOU.

Young women in particular do so much damage to themselves by insisting on “figuring out men”.
    If you have to “figure out” someone it usually means they are not into YOU.

Another mistake women often make is being drawn into drama, obstacles, and challenges.
    They “romanticize” difficulties or see them as steps on the path to “happily ever after”.
    There’s no amount of “work” or “communication” which can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want. Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine. Move on. (Suffering is optional).

It sounds like the two of you are fairly young.
    A grown man shouldn’t be living with his family and having to “sneak” girls over to have sex.
    He sees you as a “booty call”. He’s not “the one”. He NEVER “loved” you!

Hollybear2013
    Hollybear2013
    Participant
    January 18, 2019 at 2:05 am #192930

thanks for the comment but I asked for advice, not a lecture

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 18, 2019 at 3:41 am #192935

“He sees you as a “booty call”. He’s not “the one”. He NEVER “loved” you!”
    “Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine. {Move on}. (Suffering is optional).”
    That’s my advice!

That’s not a lecture but actually someone telling you something you probably didn’t want to hear.
    Seeing things as they actually are can save a person a lot of time and possible heartache.

If a guy is really “into” YOU he’s going to treat you better than this guy.
    You said: “..I still love him but he doesn’t love me.”
    Find someone who actually wants what you want. (That’s great advice whether you realize it or not.)

The world may not owe you anything but YOU owe yourself the world!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 8:31 am #194096

This sounds more like booty call. If you want more than friends with benefits. Dump his arse