i need some objective advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 3:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PinkHippie
    PinkHippie
    Participant
    January 24, 2020 at 2:18 am #228337

I am 59 years old and I am kind of dating a 63 year old widower and I am a widow. We have both been single for a while. My thing is I really like him and I would like to be in a relationship[ with him. We text pretty much everyday and I have seen him a few times. I usually initiate the text but he has as well. He always answers my text pretty quickly and is always super nice and teasing. I was trying to really flirt with him and he told me he wanted me to slow down. I am still a vibrant sexual woman and I can’t tell if I have just overwhelmed him or if he even likes me like that. He did text me this evening said he hadn’t heard from me all day and was worried I was out playing in the snow. I don’t know if he was fishing that maybe I was building a snowman with someone else or what? We really do get along well when we are together and he seems to like me. He has kissed me a couple of very platonic kisses when he leaves. I just don’t know? Any thoughts?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 25, 2020 at 2:34 am #228403

“I am 59 years old and {I am kind of dating} a 63 year old…”

“We text pretty much everyday and I have seen him a [few times}.”
    ” I was trying to really flirt with him and he told me {he wanted me to slow down}.”

“..he seems to like me.”
    ” He has kissed me a couple of {very platonic kisses} when he leaves.”

Based upon what you’ve said it sounds like you have been “hanging out” and NOT dating!

You didn’t mention how you met or how long this has been going on.
    However if you’ve only seen each other a (few times) it doesn’t sound like anything “serious”.

Most men would love to have a woman flirt with them and in doing so would likely kiss her (passionately).
    He’s either not romantically interested in you, hasn’t fully gotten over the loss of his wife, or is sexually impotent.

Either way it is probably best for you keep your options open by (dating other men).
    Clearly he’s NOT mentally where you are. Avoid emotionally investing in him.
    If two adults (want to be together) it shouldn’t be a challenge to make it happen!