I think my girlfriend is playing with me, what should I do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 4:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JoseDePinho
    JoseDePinho
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 3:58 am #229344

About 2 or 3 months ago, I started seeing my girlfriend unofficially and we made it official 2 weeks ago. We have a lot of things in common and I have feelings for her. But I am starting to doubt her intentions now.
    So after a month of us talking, I went overseas on holiday, I tried as much as possible to talk to her given the different time zones. So during the holidays, she blocked me on social media and made sure there was no contact between us. So, cut the story short, a few weeks later she unblocked me and apologized saying her mom forced her to block me.
    A few weeks after we fixed that, we went out on our date and we started dating. After our date, she started acting strange, she started ignoring my texts and calls, and of she replied, it was after a long period of time and it was quick answers.
    Then, it was my birthday party, she was supposed to be my date, she stood me up on my birthday and her excuse was that she was not in the mood and was tired. I know its a lousy excuse.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 9:51 am #229370

“I started seeing my girlfriend unofficially and we made it official 2 weeks ago.”
    “..during the holidays, she blocked me on social media and made sure there was no contact between us.”
    “After our date, she started acting strange, she started ignoring my texts and calls…”
    “..she stood me up on my birthday and her excuse was that she was not in the mood and was tired.”

She is not playing games with you. She’s just not that into YOU!

The first few months of most (new relationships) is generally the “infatuation phase” or “honeymoon phase”.
    Couples are usually giddy, talking/laughing for hours, and planning all the things they hope to do together.
    No one who is “into their boyfriend/girlfriend” is going to stand them up on their birthday!

Even teenagers living with parents will sneak to keep in contact with guys/girls they’re crazy about.
    You haven’t been a “couple” for more than two weeks and already there is this much drama!

Move on!
    Go where you’re appreciated and not just tolerated.
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

guitarmonster
    guitarmonster
    Participant
    February 13, 2020 at 8:04 am #229526

Dude I SECOND dashingscorpio, you’re better than this!

I am going to assume that you and her are adults, aka 18+ years old. So that thing about her mom making her block you, NONSENSE! If she blocks you because a family member pressures her to do so, then that means she has very poor personal boundaries. She fails to see the social limitation that is in place that protects her rights as a woman. One of those rights is to do what she pleases with her social media accounts, and to date whomever she wishes.

If she is able to be manipulated like that, expect her to be a cheater later on in the relationship. If it was me I would straight up tell her “being that I’m X years old and mature, I am not willing to deal with childish games like blocking people on social media, you are an adult and nobody can make you do that, it that doesn’t work for you then you need to move along”. She will either apologize, or will flip out on you, in which you gently close the door behind her.

PaulE
    PaulE
    Participant
    February 20, 2020 at 12:34 am #230003

Sorry bud…she’s not interested at this time. Keep it cool…see other girls. As my Mother said, “absence makes the heart grow fond”. Impliment a 2 month no-contact thing…she might just miss you and get in contact with you…it’s worked for me. 🙂