I would like to hear men's perspective, please

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 11:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lola
    Lola
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 10:13 am #164150

A guy from my gym is showing some interest in me I guess, we see each other a few times a week, but never talked, everything started one day he turned back while he was passing by, stopped and flashed a big smile on me, I was alone on that part of the gym, I was surprised so I didn’t smile back, but he got my attention, so we had a few held eye contact after that the following days, weeks we stare at each other from far, lately when he passes by he turns his head in my direction and smiles, like every time we meet, I started smiling back… but that is it…. What do you make of this? Is he interested? He is just flirty with everybody, like this is his “hobby” ? How should I react? Thanks!

Stellarvision
    Stellarvision
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 11:45 am #164168

Yes, he’s interested, but doesn’t know what to say to break the ice. You could maybe ask him about a lift he’s doing if it’s something you haven’t seen before. It’s a legit convo starter, even between other guys, so it doesn’t have the pressure of being flirtatious outright. He’ll be compelled to start the convo by giving helpful advice about the lift instead of a one-word reply. Then you can thank him and say your name, and maybe comment that you’ve seen him here often, so on and so on.

Many people like being helpful at the gym when asked, so that gives off good vibes from the start. Fortunately you two already have those smiles going back and forth, which is practically an introduction onto itself. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any luck.

Lola
    Lola
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 12:04 pm #164182

Thanks. I know it is not a big thing asking somebody to help you out with something in the gym, there is lot I don t know anyways in the gym :D, there is this another guy who asked me something one day, so we always chat briefly when we meet, the only thing is I am not attracted to this other guy, so there is no problem talking to him, I am attracted to this one, but sort of waiting for him to make the first move…
    My question is, for you guys is it not enough to just send you some positive signals like smile back, keep eye contact, usually you wait for us to do more? If so, what?
    Honestly I am afraid that his attention it is not just for me, maybe he is just like to flirt, so I would not like to act on that… Silly, we are both in our mid thirties, so shyness shouldn’t be an issue anymore…

Stellarvision
    Stellarvision
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 8:44 am #164312

No you’ve done all you can to give him clear signals short of making the first move yourself, which I know is super scary. It really does sound like he’s into you though if he keeps locking eyes and turning to say hi MULTIPLE times. I know if I wasn’t attracted to a girl at the gym I might briefly flash a smile once or twice for politeness sake, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to make eye contact over and over. On the flip-side, my biggest fear breaking the ice with a girl I liked is not having something subtle in mind to ease into a conversation. The worst thing would be to blank out in the moment with “Hi! …….*crickets*…… I’ll see you around?” I can’t guarantee that’s him though. Does he seem at all nervous when he sees you, or is he sort of confident about it? Have you seen him react the same way to other women at the gym?

Lola
    Lola
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 8:50 am #164346

Sometimes when he sees me, he is just pretending to be busy, looking down at his phone, avoiding eye contact, other times he passes by, locks eye with me and smile, so he is hot and cold…. I was thinking maybe he is married, and although he enjoys this smiling game, he doesn’t want anything…

danno
    danno
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 9:28 am #164364

If you’re also interested, try creating an opportunity for him to break the ice. Or if you want to play it simple, just walk over and say hi!

Cyclone1
    Cyclone1
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 1:12 pm #164388

If I am interested in a girl, I will make all effort to make eye contact. But so will I to any hot girls. So yea, he could be interested.

nomadsoul420
    nomadsoul420
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm #164407

I agree with the first response. I would say that he is shy and probably asking himself the same things you are asking. He maybe isn’t sure if you like him or not, and he is nervous about talking to you. This happens to me all the time where I meet someone I like and I don’t know how to approach it and I keep hoping that they will approach me first, and it never works out. I think everyone is a bit scared of rejection and they try and guard themselves from it if that makes sense. Instead of just taking a chance. That is just my two cents, hope it helps.

ebs1993
    ebs1993
    Participant
    February 4, 2018 at 10:48 pm #164454
    Reply To: I would like to hear men's perspective, please

He is absolutely interested and attracted to you and is more than likely shy and nervous about talking to you. Personally I smile and make eye contact with women I like and are interested in but I am very nervous with the far of be rejected. Guys don’t like to be rejected all the time. If you don’t like him, let him down easy as it can be a heart breaker for him.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    February 5, 2018 at 11:36 am #164515
    Reply To: I would like to hear men's perspective, please

Good news, I’ve just found an excellent website to learn how men think and react!!
    here it is : gentleowls
    You can take a look. Hope I was useful.