If I have to double text, is it worth it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Moravian
    Moravian
    Participant
    March 24, 2020 at 4:02 am #231905

I’m 19 F and I matched with this guy on tinder, really my style. I hit him up and immediately we click, we talked from 10:30pm till 1:40am non stop about some really great stuff, he was really engaging and asked tons of questions and answered everything enthusiastically, also mentioned I was pretty a couple times. So its going well. At around 1:40 he drops off presumably to go to sleep. Next day, nothing, so I figure I’ve got nothing to lose so I text him again the next evening and he responds after and hour and we click again. I’ve never met someone who’s so morally in tune with me, we also have the same favorite music and all and all we talked constantly and enthusiastically for hours. Then he dropped off at 2…then nothing in the morning, nothing in the evening. Is it worth me trying again? And if I do double text again, do I start it causally or do I try and address his inconsistency and ask if He isn’t interested? I’m really enthusiastic about him but should I bother? Ty

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 4:11 pm #232057

“I matched with this guy on tinder, really my style. I hit him up …”

“Next day, nothing, so I figure I’ve got nothing to lose so I text him again …”

” Is it worth me trying again?”

“do I try and address his inconsistency and ask if He isn’t interested?”

NO!!!

First of all if look back HE has NEVER initiated contact with YOU!
    If the guy was into you (he) would have reached out to you nor asked you out.

Secondly texting is the same thing as hearing each other’s voices and having a real conversation.
    You’re basically just letters, numbers, and emojis on his phone screen. It’s not a true connection.

Last but not least anyone with an “active dating profile” is basically keeping their options open and so should you.
    Those who get emotionally invested or zero in on one person too quickly are hurt the most when they get ghosted.
    If you were looking for a job you wouldn’t stop emailing your resume just because you had a great interview with one company! Engage with and date other guys. If you have to “figure out” if a guy is “into you” it means he’s NOT! (Move on)

tephros
    tephros
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 4:39 pm #232068

Don’t get hung up on things that happen only online. Chemistry can be totally different in person, trust me. So one of you should have asked the other out. I’m a little more understanding right now about people being bad about meeting with the COVID thing. Asking to meet at a public park is the only real option right now unless you want to go classic Tinder – but it sounds like you’re not. So try to move the conversation to actually meeting, and if he doesn’t respond, there’s lots of other guys and your opinion in person could have been totally different anyway.

WindyCity
    WindyCity
    Participant
    March 26, 2020 at 4:06 pm #232166

If a guy wants you he will text you. But you also have to think about the whole coronavirus situation. But I mainly agree with dashingscorpio’s response.

blueberrypanda
    blueberrypanda
    Participant
    April 1, 2020 at 4:45 am #232416

I think if a man wants to be with you, he will make it clear. Of course sometimes people are busy etc but if enough time goes between, he should reply. In situations where it feels like you have to force it – it is probably not going to work out. There are so many men in the world! Best to put your energy into those who really want to be with you!