If your date said they was a disability carer, how attractive would that be

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AdroDaBest
    AdroDaBest
    Participant
    February 19, 2020 at 7:52 pm #230001

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 20, 2020 at 4:43 pm #230204

Most men could care less what a woman does for a living if they think she’s “hot looking”.
    Secondly going on a date is long ways from entering into a serious relationship or marriage.
    Therefore most people tend to just live in the moment and enjoy the date they’re on.

There are far more worse professions than disability care, nursing aide, or whatever.
    Anyone who has a legal way of making money is doing okay in my book.

Odds are as a man I didn’t ask (her) out because of what she did for a living.
    Traits such as her physical attributes, personality, sense of humor, and compatibility are far more important.

billvm
    billvm
    Participant
    February 20, 2020 at 5:14 pm #230210

The profession of a potential date would be irrelevant. More so, if that date’s profession was in the caring of others, be it caregiver, nurse, or other endeavor revolving around helping others,, that would signal a positive attribute in the date’s personality. Namely, that she has chosen, as her profession, the caring for others, indicating a quality of empathy.

Given the vast majority of both men and women who’s needs revolve around themselves, one whom displays empathy towards others is indeed a rare gem.

As for the quality of “being hot”, I would look beyond my loins (and hers) to know that even on a first date, her most important attribute is that which resides between her ears.

That said, I am somewhat taken aback by portly women only because it signals a failure to take care of their physical health. So let’s say I’m not perfect in this regard.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 21, 2020 at 10:58 am #230258

billvm,

My mention of “being hot” was merely an acknowledgement that men primarily ask women out who they find attractive!
    Naturally as the old adage goes: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.

” I am somewhat taken aback by portly women only because it signals a failure to take care of their physical health.”
    Your honesty is much appreciated. If we’re all honest with ourselves everyone has their own “preferences”

Most people and (men) in particular prefer to go out on a (first date) with someone they are attracted to.
    There are some (women) who will not go out with a man who is shorter than them.

billvm
    billvm
    Participant
    February 22, 2020 at 2:56 am #230300

@dashingscorpio

Sorry about misinterpreting.and your expanding on the concept of attractiveness has enlightened both myself and hopefully the OP.