I'm clueless what I should do!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 9:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PJ_4516
    Participant
    June 9, 2018 at 12:06 am #176615

I(17)am still in high school and have a crush on this girl I’ve known for a few years now and go to school with (also a junior like me). Before last year I haven’t had any special feelings. But I have grown to really like her. I’d say we are best friends now. We talk almost every night, we go places together, we get together at school whenever we can, etc. But I want to take it to the next step. I think she likes me at least some and I know she knows I like her. I have had my suspicions that I have been friendzoned tho. And that is just part of my problem. If by some miracle I ask her out and she says yes, my parents get super weird about this stuff. I can’t talk to them about it either because I’m just not comfortable with it. I can’t even imagine me saying to parents ” I’m going out tonight, is that okay?”, etc. Plus, since my parents are the way they are, I can’t get that close with her because I don’t want to hold her back in the dating world. I’m just completely lost. HELP!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 9, 2018 at 9:03 pm #176622

You said: “I’ve known for a few years now….I’d say we are best friends now. We talk almost every night, we go places together, we get together at school whenever we can, etc. I think she likes me at least some and {I know she knows I like her}. ” You are so deep in the FRIEND ZONE!!!.

There are two basic reasons why guys end up in the friend zone.
    1. They’re afraid of rejection.
    2. They hope the girl will make the first move or suddenly one day realize he’s “the one”.

One of the first steps into having an adult relationship is communicating one’s thoughts and feelings.
    If it’s not worth asking for it’s not worth having. Secondly rejection saves everybody time and wasted emotion.

As for your parents most teens do one of three things:1. Introduce their significant other to their parents, Parents want their teen to go to the prom,
    2. Sneak behind their backs/lie to them about who they’re going to be with. 3. Don’t really start dating until they go away to college.

PJ_4516
    Participant
    June 9, 2018 at 9:28 pm #176623

I can see what your saying, but I’ve had people tell me “It’s obvious she like you”. Maybe that could be a point in my favor?

swaggin
    Participant
    June 16, 2018 at 11:39 am #177215

hey try flirting a little, subtly and see if she bites on anything