I’m Scared I will be alone forever

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 5:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 8, 2020 at 3:30 am #227458

I’m a late 20s virgin (only dated 1 girl) with a somewhat interesting background. I grew up in a chaotic household (bad divorce, financial problems, etc.). I’ve also moved more times than a military brat (job changes, college, financial reasons, etc.) Because of the mess I was in in my early 20s, I’m severely behind in terms of my career and social life. Despite having a 4 year degree from a top public Uni, I only make around $80K a year which is pathetically low for the city I live in (major city in Texas). I also have started to realize that nearly every girl is taken and that nearly every guy around my age makes more money and looks better than me. I’m 5′ 10″ and athletic but so what. Most men my age look like male models or pro athletes. I’m super scared no girl will ever like me.

I’m fighting as hard as I can to make my life better (working out, trying to make more money, meeting more people), but there are literally 100 perfect guys for every girl. Any advice?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 8, 2020 at 1:57 pm #227523

First of all take a breath!

Your salary, family background, education, and whatever else you stated as reasons for your situation is B.S.!
    Unemployed fat and ugly guys date, fall in love, and get married! So none of what you said makes any sense.
    If you don’t believe me go to any public place, park, beach, movie theatre, mall, or church.
    You will see all sizes and shapes of guys who found women to love and marry!

There are generally three reasons why guys like you find themselves in situations like this.

1. They lack confidence/swagger with women when it comes to dating and social activities.
    2. They often don’t have a “wingman” or male friend who is successful with women to (party with and learn from).
    3. They insist upon chasing after women who are “out of their league” and ignore women who are available to them.

It’s ok to casually date women who aren’t your ideal mate to gain sexual experience and build your confidence.
    Most people anyone dates is not their soulmate. When it comes to love/relationships we fail our way to success.

HopelessRomantic3
    HopelessRomantic3
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 8:10 pm #228074

I agree! In addition to that I do think you mustn’t forget about your positive qualities which I’m sure you have a lot of. Neither salary nor body shape will ever be the main reason for a woman to actually fall in love with you. I know, it’s hard to be confident and to think positively when it comes to finding “true love”, but don’t give up. Best of luck!

tomkins
    tomkins
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 8:59 am #228084

Don’t worry. Write me, I have a friend who’s looking for a boyfriend. Text me Telegram hohotall i will give you some photos of her, maybe you’ll like it.