Im Shy and NEED Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Im Shy and NEED Advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 8:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sydney321
    Sydney321
    Participant
    April 8, 2020 at 3:24 pm #232650
    Im Shy and NEED Advice

Long story short,

I am a female, 27 years old. I moved to a completely different state for work a little over a year ago. While at work, I met a guy 25 years old. We work in completely different departments but met through mutual friends at work. I would say over the past 5/6 months we have built a pretty great friendship. Even though I feel like I have known him for so much longer. We have so much in common that is generally uncommon amongst most people, if that makes sense. Because of that I feel a really deep connection to him, that I haven’t felt before with anyone. We talk everyday but, i’m wanting to go more in-depth in our convos and try to take this relationship to the next level. He is very VERY shy and I am used to men being a more straight forward/ making the first move. I am also pretty shy and the fear of rejection cripples me.

What should my next move be? Shy guys any advice for me here??

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 13, 2020 at 2:37 pm #232765

“..we have built a pretty great friendship.”

At ages 25 and 27 if two people want to go out on a date they will make it happen.

Has it occurred to you he simply sees you as a platonic friend?
    You stated you’ve been talking for half a year and there was no mention of flirting with one another.

“I am also pretty shy and the fear of rejection cripples me.”

What is there to fear? If he says “no” to a date proposal you walk away with what you already had.
    On the other hand if he says “yes” it could be the start of something great.
    You’ve got nothing to lose!

In order for (him) to be “the one” (he) would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

balla
    balla
    Participant
    April 16, 2020 at 11:12 pm #232899

The thing about shy guys is that, they could be feeling the same way you are but eventually they won’t make a move because they’re afraid of rejection just as you are.
    If you want to know if this isn’t more than a spark for you, you’ll have have drop hints, like leaving a trail of bread crumps, for him to follow.
    If he doesn’t pick up on those. Then you may as well have your answer.

thelegend27
    thelegend27
    Participant
    May 18, 2020 at 8:57 am #233904

I am personally a shy guy. I like it when girls are forward and make the first moves. As another member mentionned, they also might be very well interessted in you. Give it a shot. Keep us updated!

alexjoe
    alexjoe
    Participant
    May 21, 2020 at 5:27 am #234107

lets start by saying this there are men who is shy with fear of rejection too and expect someone to ask him out.so you have two options
    1. Just wait until he ask you out that may stay a life time which i don’t recommend
    2. Ask him out you will have 2 results 1. if yes be happy together 2. No – remember this time this happen in every women with many reasons so move on don’t waste time on the wrong person

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 23, 2020 at 11:36 pm #234280

Maybe see if he likes you. In the film Retsuko on Netflix, the panda loved a shy individual that had no emotions at all. I think the probability of the guy liking you is less than 0%.

Nomad
    Nomad
    Participant
    May 25, 2020 at 10:15 am #234290

As others have said, if he’s shy he may very well be just as interested!
    Just be honest and say exactly what you said to us about going into more in-depth convos and a deeper relationship.. worst case scenario he says no, but at least you’ve been honest and not left wondering “what it” and it doesn’t necessarily mean your current relationship will be any different

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 27, 2020 at 1:04 am #234359

Men are not naturally shy, they are only shy when they are young and love you, in the absolute sense.