Hayley MatthewsDatingAdvice.comAugust 8, 2019 at 10:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:
Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access
What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!
kaylee0destinyParticipantAugust 19, 2016 at 2:20 am #108826
Just don’t be shy.
miclessmikeParticipantAugust 20, 2016 at 6:02 am #108962
Honestly nothing you do will magically convince anyone to go out with you. Here’s what I learned after 30+ years of this dating bullshit:
1) Men will tell you what they THINK worked for them with no actual proof that they did anything “right” or “wrong”. They could’ve been just what their girlfriends/wives happened to be looking for at the time, but they’d rather think they were responsible for their own success.
2) Women will say anything to make you confident, including fairy tales of what they’d LIKE to be true, but creeps people out irl. My sis-in-law told me to leave a note for a waitress I liked when she came to work later in the week. To the women reading this, imagine a man you barely know leaving a note asking you to a movie. You honestly think that’s endearing?
3) Dwell on it too much and it’ll drive you crazy. Or worse, drive you to do something creepy and obsessive.
4) All you can do is just give it a shot, and don’t say or do anything really inappropriate. The alternative is doing nothing and kicking yourself afterward.
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by miclessmike.
ShyGuyJamesParticipantAugust 21, 2016 at 9:34 am #108989
First, don’t get hooked on a girl you don’t even know. In a class situation, forming a relationship is harder because she sees you all the time, making things awkward if she rejects your advances. Try to genuinely get to know her personality, THEN decide if you want to be romantically involved. Say hello and introduce yourself.
MrTheRatParticipantAugust 30, 2016 at 5:41 pm #110013
I’d suggest getting to know her and maybe even her group of friends first so they’re comfortable with you. It’s best to just be natural and not worried about forcing your way into a powerful relationship just yet, but soon you’d be able to try flirting and slowly but surely capture her heart by the end of the year.
nyc1995ParticipantAugust 31, 2016 at 1:27 pm #110202
Just be yourself, don’t try to be someone else. Girls like when guys are genuine.
fRanTiC MasTroParticipantSeptember 1, 2016 at 1:40 pm #110364
I know it’s been said before but I’ll say it again, be CONFIDENT! I just asked a girl out the other night for the first time and I think it went well but at least I did it. What’s the worst that can happen she says no and then you alright maybe some other time then. Believe it’s better to try and fail then to not try at all.
DurandalBlueParticipantSeptember 1, 2016 at 9:24 pm #110378
Just ask her man. You’ve got nothing to lose. Life is short.
NYGirl99ParticipantSeptember 3, 2016 at 7:11 am #110489
Girls like men that take chances and have courage. Go for it! If all else fails, at least you know you tried. Good luck.
AnonymousSeptember 7, 2016 at 11:58 pm #110773
Ask her out! If she says no, that’s literally the worst that could happen. Be yourself; if she doesn’t like you, then she’s not right for you.
anonnaParticipantSeptember 8, 2016 at 1:11 pm #110832
You have to wait for the right opportunity to just casually have a conversation and then just work up from that. Maybe give her an add on facebook after you talk a couple times at school and pop up to her. If you are shy in person then its much easier to get your ideas and what kind of person you really are online. Try to build a relationship with her over that and in person as much as you can. However the biggest issue you will find is when you see her in person after talking online. You might be able to be yourself around just her but when it comes to being in a group you might retreat and just become really reserved. I’ve had the same kind of problems in the past and heck even have them now. So try and overcome the shyness factor when around her in person and most importantly be nice to her and everyone else around her but never try too hard. Massive turn off for girls.
Top 10 Best Sites
Looking for a dating site you can trust? Search no more.