I'm shy & I need advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I'm shy & I need advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 6:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    November 19, 2013 at 1:09 pm #43087
    Reply To: I'm shy & I need advice

Thank you all!
    The only thing that I can come up with that we would ‘run into each other’ would be his band performances that I would be able to attend. Would that be too creepy?? We do not have many interactions with each other. I would like to change that, but do not know how to go about doing so.
    It seemed like he had a great time at the dance. During part of the evening, the group had sung “Happy Birthday” to me. After that, my crush said something about that I am ‘now an old lady’. I know he was jokingly saying this. We went on and chatted some more. Before the dancing started, he had giving me a birthday card. The card was kind-of corny. With that said, he would fit well into our family, if that does end up happening…
    It turns out that he really liked the treats that I had made for the dance. Planning on giving him some on a cookie plate for Christmas.

page16ashlee
    page16ashlee
    Participant
    November 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm #43139

Keep talking and hanging out with him as much as you can. You should be able to tell if he is interest or even if you are still interested

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    November 20, 2013 at 2:59 pm #43184

just come and talk to him! just be yourself!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    December 11, 2013 at 2:25 am #44411

Would it be odd / too bold if I show up at his business with a tin of treats for my crush to enjoy this Christmas season?

thesearchisover
    thesearchisover
    Participant
    December 15, 2013 at 4:01 pm #44571

I don’t think your idea would be too bold at all. It does seem like he has at least some interest in you, so go for it! Good luck!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    December 19, 2013 at 1:18 am #44886

So, I did go and give my crush a tin of goodies. (Also gave a tin to his employees.) He kinda bragged to his employees that he has his very own tin. There was some joking around with all who were present. I did give him my cell number in the Christmas card to him. I really want to have more of a relationship with him (even if it is more of a friendship, though I currently believe I would like more than that). I am currently wondering if giving him my number was too forward of an action.
    What do you think?

bizie.be
    bizie.be
    Participant
    December 30, 2013 at 11:58 pm #45481

I don’t think so. I think the ball is now in his court. You gave him an “in” and he knows you are interested. At this point, it is kind of up to him to make the next move. If he is interested, he will call you. If he doesn’t, then at least you know it is time to move on. Good luck!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    March 14, 2014 at 12:16 pm #49256

I’m being told that he’s being sweet towards me. I’d like to think that this is true, but he does not seem to make a move (calling, texting, Facebooking, whatever).
    Had seen & talked with him again this past weekend. Was greeted with a hug. We chatted for a little bit at a fundraiser, while he waited for a band member to show up.
    I do get a sense that he likes/cares about me, but like I said, there has not been a movement in either direction. Just not sure what to think.
    Family likes to tease me a bit about while they would be gone, how I would plan things with my crush (like having him over at the house). I know that they do that in a fun-spirited way. It does get me thinking that I wish I was more outgoing. I think I would be able to bring up the topic of hanging out/getting something to eat together easier than currently being as shy as I am. Also, I don’t handle being putdown/rejected very easily. But that does come with not being as confident as I should be.
    Any thoughts??

Brett123
    Brett123
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 6:11 pm #49320

Usually its the guy that makes the first “direct” move. And it usually happens after clues given by the woman. You need to make him know you are interested in him by laughing at what he says, starting text conversations every now and then, etc. If he has to start all the conversations he will feel he is being too pushy and doing all the work while you are not interested.

johnl
    johnl
    Participant
    March 25, 2014 at 7:08 pm #49861

I agree with others. Just go for it.

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 10:00 pm #50135

Went by his office today to get new patient papers. Saw him for just a second. He was leaving for his lunch break. When he saw me, he gave me his shocked/surprised/happy to see me look. Hoping to be able to talk with him more the next time I see him/stop in.
    Am I over-reading the look he gave me or could there be a spark of interest?? THOUGHTS??

Mimi94
    Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm #44543

The best thing to do is start with yourself. Realize that you are a catch and any guy would be lucky to have you! That sounds super lame now but it’s true I promise. 🙂 Then, start a conversation with him–in person–and try to be confident in yourself! Flirt a lot, have fun, and be yourself. If he likes you too, he’ll pick on your flirtatious vibes and ask you out. If not, he’s a dork and you should just move on. Good luck 🙂

Mimi94
    Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm #44544

It might be a bit too bold to show up at his business uninvited. If he ask, however, that would be extremely sweet to bring him some cookies! Maybe make a few tins for all your friends and give him one too.

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    May 22, 2014 at 1:23 am #53512

I gathered the nerve to ask him if he would be interested in seeing this one movie. My crush invited me after I asked him about the movie. Going to be seeing a movie with group of friends of his.

Here is a paraphrase of what he said: “The movie does sound pretty good. A friend of mine is rounding up a small group of people interested in the movie for Friday evening. Does that work for you? I DO plan on going that night, unless something crazy happens.”

If nothing comes out of this, but a friendship, I will have at least been introduced into part of his circle of friends. That has been one of the goals that I have been wanting, but not knowing how to go about it. Of course, I would like something bigger to happen.

Any thoughts on this?? I will post after the event and share what happens…

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    May 22, 2014 at 6:29 pm #53597

I know it is over 24 hours before the movie time, but trying to think of what to wear. Mom says to dress-up. A friend says to be more dressy-casual. I don’t know in which direction to go. I don’t want to feel out-of-place with the group that is going… THOUGHTS??

1 2 3