I'm stuck

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I'm stuck

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 8:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Starfish243
    Starfish243
    Participant
    October 1, 2019 at 8:26 pm #215576
    I'm stuck

I’ve been dating this girl for almost a year. im a senior in high school and she is a sophomore. She is my first girlfriend. Now that i am actually starting to think I’m realizing that she is very weird and just not for me. I’m already good friends with her family and I even work for her dad on his farm. what do I do?

Henious88
    Henious88
    Participant
    October 2, 2019 at 12:28 pm #221270

This totally depends on you. You should decide in which way will you go? All the best!

BWKeegan
    BWKeegan
    Participant
    December 19, 2019 at 10:42 pm #226819

Sounds like you’re attempting to avoid conflict. Nothing wrong with that. Conflict kinda sucks.

If I were you, I’d talk to her dad man-to-man. Something along the general lines of “hey, I’ve been dating your daughter a while now, but (tactfully explain reason for not liking her anymore). However, I still like your family and want to remain close. I don’t want to hurt her feelings, but I don’t want to date her anymore. I hope I’m not creating any hard feelings (or whatever).”

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 12:33 am #226826

No one is “stuck” with anyone! Suffering is optional.
    You get to (choose) who you will spend your time with.

You’re only a teenager and odds are you can find another job even working fast food if you had to.
    Your (immature mind) has you convinced that “right now” is all there will ever be.
    Very few people’s “first love” ends up being their “last love” or “soulmate”.
    Eventually people breakup, go away to college, relocate to other towns, date other people and life goes on.

You’re making this a big deal for no reason and you’ll see that for yourself in a few short years.
    The truth of the matter is your high school years are just a blip on the screen compared to your adult years.
    When you’re in your 20s, 30s, and beyond you’ll look back on this time and see just how silly it was to be “this serious”.

BWKeegan
    BWKeegan
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 8:17 am #226830

Pio, you give really bad advice. Mostly because you make random assumptions based on what you envision is going on with very limited information. Read and give feedback about what you read; not what you think is going on.