I'm stuck and really don't know what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mmonroe123
    mmonroe123
    Participant
    April 21, 2018 at 8:47 pm #171345

Ok so I’ve been talking to this guy for a little over two months now. We have been on two dates the first one went well. about a week ago we decided to get dinner and go out on the town. I was having a good time dancing and meeting his friends. Toward the end of the night he became sloppy drunk, which was a bit much. Even one of the bouncers was unsure to let him in the last spot we went to. He had his hands all on me. I got an uber home and he called me nonstop (a total of 15 times and I ignored all of them and texted him that I was fine to which he called me one last time and stopped). He claimed that he blacked out and seemed very remorseful. He’s been texting me everyday since, I have replied to most Of them . He texted me this morning saying “your beautiful , I miss you and I hope you are having a good day”.(red flag? Is it too soon to “miss” someone?)This is as serious as I’ve gotten with someone in a while and don’t know if I’m overthinking or have genuine reason to be concerned

gbp101
    gbp101
    Participant
    April 22, 2018 at 7:07 pm #171359

It sounds to me like he was very into you, drank far too much, made a fool of himself, and embarrassed himself in front of you. He is probably trying to make up for the fact that he was kind of a drunk jerk, but is trying to show you that he doesn’t want to loose you. The next time you hang out, make sure it is just the two of you somewhere quiet so you can really focus on each other and determine if there is still something there that you want to pursue. Best of luck.

brick-49
    brick-49
    Participant
    April 23, 2018 at 10:04 am #171386

He is probably very stressed out because he knows he looked like an idiot in front of someone he really likes. I would give him a pass on this and hang out with him again. However if he does the same thing and hasn’t learned a lesson then don’t waste your time anymore.

Jenny_brains
    Jenny_brains
    Participant
    April 23, 2018 at 12:04 pm #171432

He got sloppy drunk, I would give him a pass on it. If you are really worried that this is who he really is ( getting too drunk too often) than I would talk to him about it or just hang out with him again and feel out the situation. I personally don’t think at any given moment it is “too soon” to miss someone. It sounds like he really likes spending time with you. I know that I don’t let people I am dating meet my friends unless I feel like there could be more than just dating. If you are interested in this guy then just talk to him about your concerns. It’s totally ok to let him know that you think things are going to fast too.

hbr_1995
    hbr_1995
    Participant
    April 23, 2018 at 9:27 pm #171527

Just be very careful. If a guy seems too attached to soon it can be a red flag although he may just feel bad and want to make sure you are still into him.