In a weird spot with a potential love interest

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sinpleman44
    sinpleman44
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 4:01 pm #201649

I met this girl at my work place. She works in different department. Our jobs are in a way that I hardly have to interact with her. Over the past 2 months, we have became decent friends and I have also started liking her. She has also developed some level of attraction towards me. She also spent a whole day with a group of coworkers (I was also part of that group) over the weekend messing around the city and just chilling.

One day, for some reason she was really rude to me and called me few nasty things. All I did was doing is being nice to her. I got really angry at her but kept it with me and didn’t express my feelings. Since then I haven’t talked to her. It’s been 3 days now. But I am not sure what she wants now because she always look for me whenever she is around my working area and she would also maintain eye contact longer than normal.

I do want to sort things out; now that I have calmed down but should I wait for her to initiate a chat or is she waiting for me?

sinpleman44
    sinpleman44
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 4:01 pm #201650

If it has to be me then how do you guys propose I should approach it?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 6, 2019 at 10:45 am #201667

“One day, for some reason she was really rude to me and {called me few nasty things}.”
    Normal mentally stable people don’t just go off on someone out of the blue!

You either did something or she thinks you did something.
    She should have been mature enough to tell you what she found offensive.
    “Anger is the face that Hurt wears.”

It’s also possible you may have dodged a bullet!
    If she is incapable of calmly addressing her issues in the workplace you can imagine what she’s like at home.

The last thing you want to do is be one of those people who (chases after someone who mistreats you).
    If you know in your heart of hearts you did nothing to deserve being called “nasty things” you should move on!

Personally I would not want to be “friends” with her. I’d discourage anyone who treated me like that.
    Don’t reward her by pursuing her. No more drama! There are 7 Billion other people on the planet!
    People like her will have you walking on eggshells and jumping through hoops to avoid their raft of anger.

Aero221
    Aero221
    Participant
    June 13, 2019 at 4:56 pm #202084

I would approach her nicely, as if you are stopping by to say hi, and then say something like “by the way, what was that all about when you said…?”. I personally would want some clarity on the situation. Im not suggesting its the correct way to handle it, but I know that’s what I would do.