In-person or Instagram?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

In-person or Instagram?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 8:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kicks818
    Kicks818
    Participant
    April 8, 2020 at 8:57 am #232639
    In-person or Instagram?

So I recently came across the profile of this girl on IG that I recognize but have never spoken to. I saw her once at an event we both were volunteering for about a year ago. She also goes to the same gym as I although ive never actually seen her there before. I havw a big crush on her and want to talk to her in a classy and laid back manner to show her im interested in her. I’m pretty sure shes single.

My question is should I DM her on instagram or wait until I see her at the gym to approach? I know women prefer boldness in men but I dont know that we will ever cross paths at the gym or volunteer place so DMing seems more straightforward. But i dont want to creep her out. I was just going to message her that I recognized her and hope to see her again at the volunteer place and that she has a cute smile. I did follow her profile but she didn’t follow back so perhaps an in person conversation will make a better impression on her.

I’m a bit embarrassed so thank you!

Sydney321
    Sydney321
    Participant
    April 8, 2020 at 2:54 pm #232645

If you dont think you will cross paths with her in person, I would take my chances and DM her on IG. You could bring up the fact that you were both volunteering at an event together to break the ice!

Kicks818
    Kicks818
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 1:49 am #232710

Thanks. I messaged her and she replied with a smiley emoji lol

lsal1
    lsal1
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 10:39 am #232711

I think in person is the most obvious and best choice always, but like they already said, DM works when its your only option!