Inappropriate Relationship?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 11:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brooke813
    Brooke813
    Participant
    September 1, 2019 at 12:54 am #206471

I’ll try to make this story short and concise. Over the summer, I went on a college trip and got to know one of the trip leaders and found myself interested in him. That was his last year doing the trip and now he has a full time job and I’m a student in college. We continued to text after the trip and he came into my college town last weekend and I ended up offering him my apartment to crash in that night. He came over and needless to say, we had sex. He continued to say that if anyone found out about it, he’d get into a lot of trouble and asked me not to tell anyone involved with the trip or even my friends that also went on it. I feel strongly that we are connected and want to be with him but I think it’s probably a bad idea if he really thinks it’s not possible. What should I do? Continue to see him when he comes into town (prob once a month?) or break it off before it gets serious?

streya
    streya
    Participant
    September 2, 2019 at 12:35 pm #206481

Honestly it sounds like he likes the sex and attention.If that was his last time doing the trip it doesn’t make sense why it’d be bad for anyone to find out, people meet people in many different ways, so I think it shows that he isn’t exactly interested in anything more. I would op for breaking it off before you get too serious

Kat
    Kat
    Participant
    September 3, 2019 at 5:47 pm #206496

It sounds like he just wants to sleep with you or just wants to prove he can get you
    Don’t let him
    Let him contact you, but don’t be his booty call

Sia2020
    Sia2020
    Participant
    September 11, 2019 at 5:44 pm #206924

Allow him to chase you. Don’t over text or call.

Throwaway4321
    Throwaway4321
    Participant
    September 14, 2019 at 2:11 am #207015

Yeah don’t show much interest and make him chase you

Cancer0790
    Cancer0790
    Participant
    September 15, 2019 at 6:43 am #207027

In my honest opinion, I sounds as if he may just be about the sex considering he wants to keep everything on the hush. I think that maybe you should keep it that way and try not to get too attached. Make him chase you more

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    September 16, 2019 at 3:27 pm #207068

Some states have laws and many institutions have policies against this kind of interaction. You may wish to delve further as to why he would like to keep it below the radar and go from there. He may have good reason for this depending if he is/was in a position of authority over you at any time in the past.

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    September 16, 2019 at 3:27 pm #207067

Many laws or institutional policies prohibit such relationships even if it’s between consenting adults. You indeed must be careful about divulging such information. Find out additional details about why it should remain below the radar and proceed from there.