Interested or Not Interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sanny_L
    Sanny_L
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 9:17 pm #229729

I have been talking to this guy for about a week and I’ve gone on a date with him once. We were talking very extensively before we met and the date went pretty well. We opened up and talked a lot of quite in-depth stuff and things felt good. after the date he continued to text quite extensively me for about a couple of days, even about the next meet up plans.

Then starting last week he said he’s been traveling and the messages came a lot less frequent, I understand that he was traveling, but now he’s back and still haven’t heard from him. I am just wondering if he needs some time to recover, or he somehow lost interest in meeting up with me? How long should I give him until I should move on? Thanks for your replies in advance!

elman123
    elman123
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 10:33 pm #229733

I’m not an expert but if you haven’t already and its been a few days, just throw him a general message asking how he is or how his trip was…he might have been busy. If he doesn’t reply you’ll have an answer either way…as good/bad as that may be!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 17, 2020 at 10:40 am #229792

“I have been talking to this guy for about a week and I’ve gone on a date with him once.”
    “Then starting last week he said he’s been traveling and the messages came a lot less frequent.”
    “I am just wondering if he needs some time to recover, or he somehow lost interest in meeting up with me?”
    “How long should I give him until I should move on?”

Based on the fact you listed question under the Online Dating forum I will assume you met online two weeks ago.
    Odds are he still has an “Active Dating Profile” which means there’s a chance YOU are NOT the only person he’s dating.

Since you are {Not In A Relationship} you should also be keeping your options open by dating multiple guys.
    If you were job hunting you wouldn’t stop sending resumes just because you had a great interview with (one) company!

A common mistake many people make is acting as if they’re already a “couple” and becoming emotionally invested.
    Anyone with an active profile should be viewed as someone searching!

Online dating involves mass competition and there is a chance he has “benched you” for someone new.
    You should meet and date other guys rather than wait by the phone. You’re not in a relationship!

Sanny_L
    Sanny_L
    Participant
    February 19, 2020 at 8:06 am #229801

Thank you guys for the replies.

I could be wrong but I think the case between he and I is somewhat strange. To be honest, he told me he wants to be a cuckold in a relationship, and I am actually interested as well. As I wasn’t too familiar with the concept, we talked quite in-depth about the setting, basically I am allowed to see other people while he won’t. We continued chatting about this even after we met, like he’s still keen to start like this.

Not sure if anyone’s been in this situation, but could it be things he mentioned are all just an evaluation process, to see how fit I am to be in that kind of relationship with him? It’s just really confusing…

AdroDaBest
    AdroDaBest
    Participant
    February 19, 2020 at 7:47 pm #229999

Message him. Ask how his travels where, then proceed to try and arrange a meet up. Get a coffee or do ballroom dancing or something lie that.

PoulWolf1
    PoulWolf1
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 9:49 am #230507

Does he still rarely write? Maybe he should directly ask if he is interesting to you or not?