Interesting situation, looking for advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous24
    Anonymous24
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 6:14 pm #200878

So i was recently on vacation and during an outdoor excursion the tour guide and i seemed to click like crazy. On top of having extremely similar personalities she was very open about her life, emotions, ambitions, etc(past the point of a typical sales person trying to “connect” with someone). I didn’t pursue things any further because i was leaving in less than a day and the vacation spot is half way around the world from my current home, i simply chalked everything up as good conversation.

By chance an opportunity came up and its likely i will be going back to that vacation spot in 5-6 months. I want to confirm whether or not there really was chemistry between us but having virtually no contact information that instantly becomes a challenge. My best option was to try to contact her through her work((asking for advice on a tour or something along that route)) and attempt to get a call-back via that method. Next Post…..

Anonymous24
    Anonymous24
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 6:18 pm #200879

The receptionist at her work got back to me and said the woman said the best way to contact her was via email(and gave me her personal email). Thinking about this some more that actually makes sense given that we have an 8 hour time difference so by the time she gets off work its 2am here.

Here is my dilemma, whats the best way to move this forward via email? She does not know I’m planning to come back yet(despite the fact that she was actively trying to get me to return during my initial vacation). I am not a fan of email for this type of thing but i am seemingly limited on options.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 24, 2019 at 12:51 am #200993

You’ve got nothing to lose.

Email her and state something along the lines of “You may not remember me but I was on a tour with you…”
    Mention the timeframe of the year and some things you discussed with her. Let her know you plan to return in six months.
    Ask her if she might be open to having a drink or grabbing a bite with you when get into town.
    If you want you can attach a photo of yourself to the email to remind her. The ball is then in her court.
    If she replies indicating some interest make sure you exchange phone numbers.
    You can then email her about once a month just to touch base and a few days before you arrive

Long distance relationships seldom work out so just plan on making the most of your time together.
    That’s if she is single/available and interested in you after all this time has passed.
    When dealing with someone in a service industry it’s hard to know if their friendliness is interest.
    In the mean time keep your options open by pursuing and dating women in your own city.

bikergirl83
    bikergirl83
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 5:09 pm #201122

I actually knew a couple who met on a study abroad and are now happily married. One was a student and the other the guide. They were both in their 40s at the time and were able to make the long distance thing work, so it is possible. Just know that it will be tough and someone will need to uproot their entire life to be with the other person.
    If you decide to pursue her, make you intentions known to see if she is interested instead of hinting. Best to be straightforward from the get-go that you are interested romantically and want to know if she would like to meet to see if the feeling is mutual.