Invited for a back rub w/coworker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 7:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

taters
    taters
    Participant
    July 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm #180032

So I have been courting a co-worker for probably 3 months, but we have been working together for almost 2 years. She knows I’m very interested and I know she’s not fully there yet, but I am trying my hardest to make progress. I buy her a lot of meals, and she is extremely friendly, but we just haven’t crossed the barrier yet.

That being said, we have been coming along further and I learned she loves back rubs. I made a joke tonight that one day next week I will have to drop off some dinner (she doesn’t drive and has 2 kids) and give her a back rub while I am there, and she said that sounds doable.

My question is, how would you proceed for an evening like that? I have never been in that position before, how sensual would you make the massage, would you bring oil, etc. I don’t want to look like a fool, and I also want to make sure I don’t seem like an idiot. We have both been previously married and are 28 as background info.

a9milly
    a9milly
    Participant
    July 25, 2018 at 10:52 am #180222

I would not bring oil…. (but maybe google a few techniques for stress relief style so you have got something to offer and you dont just maul)

You said it “as a joke” you are gunna have to roll with that angle, if she brings it happy days, maybe even play coy/hard to get. If she doesn’t you can muster your bravado and at an appropriate juncture “Right time for that massage I promised….everyone laughed when I travelled the world from Thailand to Sweden honing my skills as an international masseur but who’s laughing now!” If she laughs and seems accepting it’s all go, if she reacts badly you laugh it off, and say “Oh thank goodness, I didn’t really study, I signed up for a class but I don’t like touching strangers so they banned me when I tried to wear rubber gloves”

jt7
    jt7
    Participant
    July 30, 2018 at 8:21 am #180413

Don’t bring any oil – it’s too sexual. But if a girl says yes to a back rub, you’re in! She’ll most likely have her shirt on, to which you should say something like ‘sorry it’s probably a little uncomfortable with the shirt’, or something along those lines. If she takes the shirt off, you can be sensual. If not, just keep it to a back rub.

As someone who had to have hundreds of massage therapy appointments for a neck/back injury, target her shoulders, neck, the muscles toward the inside of her back by her shoulder blades (NOT THE ACTUAL BONE). As for her lower back, go about 3/4 the way down, and massage the muscles about a centimeter to the left and right of her spine. Massage this area as if you were massaging pizza dough – rolling your hands through as if to stretch the muscle.

derik
    derik
    Participant
    August 1, 2018 at 6:36 am #180599

Men in their 50’s are hopeful they can get a 30-something because despite them ageing, their minds are still that of a 28 year old.

My mother had a really difficult time and found herself single at the age of 52 and she is now 63 and only just in a relationship she sees lasting.

please don’t give up hope – you are young! There is time and don’t settle. You will find someone because he’s currently out there looking for you!

a9milly
    a9milly
    Participant
    August 15, 2018 at 11:22 am #181652

So how did it go?