Is college sophomore dating HS senior considered socially acceptable?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 6:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BloodStalk
    BloodStalk
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 8:48 pm #161459

I was wondering, is that kind of relationship seen as being ok? I know college freshmen hs senior is seen as ok if they knew each other before,so I was wondering, does the same apply to college sophomore, hs senior?

XxJayvardxX
    XxJayvardxX
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 10:39 pm #161465

I don’t think it’s an issue especially because you guys would only be two years apart. When they graduate and become a Freshman, then you will be a Junior and it won’t be seen as a problem.

vtrandafir
    vtrandafir
    Participant
    February 2, 2018 at 1:18 am #164316

I wouldn’t think it’s an issue.

ebs1993
    ebs1993
    Participant
    February 6, 2018 at 10:40 am #164636

It’s not a problem as long as they are 18. There are plenty of cases of 30 year olds going out with 20 year olds

whatevss
    whatevss
    Participant
    February 6, 2018 at 5:08 pm #164757

not an issue as long as it’s legal. the more you grow old the less the age gape matters

nyu
    nyu
    Participant
    February 6, 2018 at 9:37 pm #164781

I don’t see a problem its only a 2 year difference

gwes90
    gwes90
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 1:16 am #166951

it’s not an issue

coachbt
    coachbt
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 11:38 am #168280

Is the senior 18 or over? If not you could have major legal issues to have to deal with. Like sexual predator registration etc.

jvj0981
    jvj0981
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 2:02 am #168313

I really don’t think there is much of a problem with it. However, I say so with the accompanying caution…. Sometimes once the younger person gets to college or break into their own life, they want to explore things, have some autonomy….etc. This can often cause tension. Just communicate, be honest, and open minded. If things are meant to be they are meant to be. You are both so young.

forzadaniela9
    forzadaniela9
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 5:20 pm #168328
    Reply To: Is college sophomore dating HS senior considered socially acceptable?

It’s not an issue as long as each person is being treated with respect. However there can be large differences between college and HS social expectations. Or even expectations in a relationship