Is he interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he interested?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Guise
    Guise
    Participant
    September 21, 2019 at 11:54 pm #207348
    Is he interested?

So here’s the details. Apologies for the long message.

I’ve worked with this guy for over two years. Over the last few months I feel like there’s something more going on.

First, he barely goes a day without complimenting me. Things like the clothes I wear, how I should never cut my hair, my work ethic. When I’m sick he jokes that I can give it to him any day. He pretends to get really upset if I leave early or work less days than usual. So he’s never been reserved on how much he appreciates me there.

He always teases or jokes around with me. But it’s gotten to the point where even my other coworkers point it out. I guess I’m the closest to him out of all my coworkers. But I never thought he might have a crush on me.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m just overthinking all this. I find this all strange because he just broke off an engagement with another woman. Even if he was interested, there’s no way we can be in a relationship. After all, he is my supervisor.

123pett
    123pett
    Participant
    September 23, 2019 at 2:13 am #207356

He could just be a flirty kind of guy, some guys just act this way even when they dont have true feelings for someone. But it seems like in your situation he does it more to you. If you want to find out, your gonna need to talk to him more, Thats really the only way to know for sure.

mullegoh
    mullegoh
    Participant
    September 26, 2019 at 6:42 am #207555

Men are so hard to read

jonesnat044
    jonesnat044
    Participant
    September 26, 2019 at 9:20 am #207573

Maybe he just need female attention

Fenix
    Fenix
    Participant
    September 26, 2019 at 8:58 pm #207648

If he was engaged, it means he probably has the guts and know how to ask a girl out. If he hasn’t asked you out yet, hes probably not seriously interested yet, but still testing the waters.

gypsylove
    gypsylove
    Participant
    September 27, 2019 at 12:15 am #207652

I had a flirty/fun relationship with a girl at my work place. But it was established naturally in the beginning that we were not each others type and nothing would ever happen between us. It was more of banter than it was anything serious. Later in my career at the place though, there was a girl who I thought was attractive and I would do all the things you mentioned your coworker is doing. So I guess it depends what kind of relationship already exists in yours and your coworkers head.

breezy82
    breezy82
    Participant
    October 14, 2019 at 8:30 pm #223374

He’s definitely interested. The question is how interested? He seems to like you but he probably is like this too multiple girls. Though if you wanted to open up a little and tell him. He would be down.

JaLatham
    JaLatham
    Participant
    October 17, 2019 at 9:51 pm #223651

Ugh! So frustrating! And they say girls play games, sounds like he is with you, especially if he isnt allowed to date you.

DieCastRN
    DieCastRN
    Participant
    October 17, 2019 at 10:49 pm #223658
    Reply To: Is he interested?

Does he joke or flirt around with other female coworkers? If he doesn’t it’s a pretty good indication that he’s interested. You’ve got a bigger problem in that he’s your supervisor. I would stay away if I were you because most places shun subordinate/supervisor relationships.

toooldforthis
    toooldforthis
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 6:20 am #224068

Ask him. Or back off a bit and see what he does.

Quinncy79
    Quinncy79
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 6:28 am #224069

He who makes an effort, is intrested..
    Simple as that..

Quinncy79
    Quinncy79
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 6:30 am #224070

Men are not hard to read, we are only gutless up to the point where we are shure about things..
    Men need only one thing, clarity..

aseb123
    aseb123
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm #224243

if he’s interested, why not just go for a few dates? Wouldn’t hurt

monkeygirl
    monkeygirl
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 8:19 pm #224246

As someone said above, try to compare his behavior with other females around him. If he acts same, it’s just his personality. If not, your guts are right.

Maybebaby
    Maybebaby
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 10:05 pm #224321

Maybe he just needs attention right now but I doubt it, he would then have the same relationship with everyone. I think he’s interested but given the engagement, the fact that hes your boss…

1 2