Is he interested?? HELP

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he interested?? HELP

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 4:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

angellmia
    angellmia
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 4:16 pm #169366
    Is he interested?? HELP

I’ve started talking to this boy I like again, only through text. We talked for hours every day back at the start of January, however that only lasted a few weeks since I found that if I’m not the one messaging him first then we don’t talk at all. Anyway, I really missed talking to him so I tagged him in an Instagram picture the other day, hoping it would allow him to start a conversation with me, which worked. We’ve been talking for a couple days since for about 8 hours a day. Although yesterday I didn’t message him first to start a conversation because I wanted to see whether he was interested in me or not, I didn’t hear from him. So, today I decided to message first again and we’ve been talking for hours like normal.

I just don’t know whether he is interested or not?? We’ve discussed making plans to see each other but I don’t know how genuine it was since he was willing to not talk to me for months because I didn’t message first.

redbaby
    redbaby
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 1:27 pm #169569

Go for it. You will have nothing to lose and won’t know if he real you interested until you try

PRW
    PRW
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 2:13 pm #169578

You probably have a gutless one that doesn’t know how, or doesn’t have the guts to ask someone out.

There is nothing wrong with you initiating the contact. Statistically it should be about 80/20 with you being the 80 and him being the 20. The problem is that you talked yourselves to the point of exhaustion.

Next time you talk to him, just be blunt,…he is a guy, not a woman,…blunt is good. Guys like blunt. Just say, “Are you ever going to ask me out or am I going to have to come over there and drag you out of the house by your ankles?” He’ll probably figure it out then,…maybe.

PRW
    PRW
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 2:19 pm #169581

If you are dealing with a low confidence guy who isn’t used to taking the lead then you are going to have to “train” him. Yea it sucks, but you can’t let him keep making you the leader. You will just have to keep kicking him in the rear until he gets it. Don’t let him push off the plan making and the decision making on you,…if he does, throw it back at him, and make him do his job. You may have to tolerate a bad plan once in a while, but that is how he will learn.

If you get a more “alpha” guy who is confident, masculine, and a natural leader you won’t have to do all that,…but if you really like this guy then you are going to have to help push him to grow up. It can be done if you want to put in the effort.

On the other hand if it turns out he just is not that into you,…then face the facts and just settle on being friends,…look for another for romantic stuff.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by PRW PRW.