Is he interested in me or just friendly?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 5:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rizmal
    rizmal
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 10:58 pm #170609

So let’s call this guy John. John and I had met once or twice before at a party but we didn’t remember each other well. This past Friday, my friend (let’s call her Michelle) and I went to our friend (let’s call him Jerry)’s House. Jerry is very close friends with John, and he invited him. This was basically the first time John and I got to know each other. John and I hit it off well and he seemed to be flirting with me a lot, even my friend Michelle though so. I got his Snapchat, but ever since that night he hasn’t been initiating much conversation, if anything I feel like I do most of the initiating. I’m starting to wonder if he lost interest or if he was just friendly to begin with? However I definitely knew he was flirting with me on Friday.. so I’m not sure. On Friday he would do thinegs like ask me a lot of questions, tease me, make a lot of physical contact, compliment me, etc. but it never went past that. So I wonder if he’s interested or just friendly? And what do I do?

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by rizmal rizmal.
    GD247
    GD247
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 2:49 am #170614

Maybe he’s just friendly or maybe he was interested but lost it for another reason. If so don’t take it personally. Stop contacting him and see if he contacts you first. If not, I’d say just move on

Jason93
    Jason93
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 7:13 am #170618

He may have been interested in just hooking up at the party but not dating, or he may still be interested. If you really want to know ask him to go out sometime or ask him about himself.

rizmal
    rizmal
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 6:53 pm #170836

I snapped him twice yesterday and he didn’t answer, so I didn’t snap him at all today. But he hasn’t been active on Instagram or Snapchat in general, so I’m thinking maybe he’s busy with school/work. Should I still not message him? And also, there is a possibility that my friend and I will see him and his friend again this upcoming weekend so I need advice on what I should do. Should i flirt with him more or just see if he initiated? The issue here is my friend who is also his friend told me that he’s pretty shy when it comes to making the first move

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    April 17, 2018 at 11:26 am #170878

If he’s not active online or chances are he hasn’t seen your messages you shouldn’t try again. Give it some time.

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 12:59 pm #170983

Hi Rizmal,

I’m going to be blunt, I’m not entirely sure this guy is really interested. When guys are invested, they will make more of an effort to reach out and contact you, especially if the girl has been contacting them. I think you’ve done more than enough to let him know that you are interested, but the ball is in his court now, and I think he needs to be the one to step up and make contact. It’s already been several days. If he doesn’t contact you by let’s say Friday, then you have your answer, and if he does, great! In regards to flirting with you on Friday, that kind of thing happens all the time. Oftentimes, in the heat of the party atmosphere, we get overly excited, happy and we end up connecting with someone temporarily while the atmosphere is vibrant, lively and energetic. Once that atmosphere changes, and things return to normal, a lot of us tend to go about our way and we don’t end up following up with those people for whatever reason. This could be the case here