Is he into me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he into me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Tabithaclark
    Tabithaclark
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 9:50 pm #201091
    Is he into me?

There is this guy I go to school with. We have one class together and sometimes we talk in it, he mainly laughs at my jokes and tells me I’m really smart or a lot smarter than him. We are friends on Snapchat and follow each other in Instagram but we don’t have each other’s numbers or text, have a streak, etc. Anytime I see him in the halls or outside he always makes a point of saying “Hey Tabitha” and always looks directly at me. I didn’t want to over think it, but he even does this when he has to go out of his way to say this when passing me etc.
    Does it seem like he likes me at all? We don’t talk enough for him to like me that much but I want to know if I should make an effort to talk to him more or if that would just make me look desperate and crazy. I’ve always heard if a guy likes you he will make an attempt to talk to you, get your number, etc. but is that always true?

theprize
    theprize
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 1:36 am #201104

If he bothers to talk to you, he likes you on some level. Tell him you wouldn’t mind hanging out sometime and then keep talking about something else. If he’s interested, he’ll react to it.

fallofduty
    fallofduty
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 1:20 am #201148

hard to tell sometimes

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:23 am #201099

So, it is not always true that a guy will attempt to get your number and stuff, but in this situation, I think he just wants to be friends. Because I think it is true that he will try to talk to you as much as possible. But, you wouldn’t look crazy to try to talk to him more!

Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 6:49 pm #201239

Talking to him more would be a great idea for the both of you!! Even if you realise that he doesn’t like you or that he does, you may have gotten a decent friend out if it. I wouldn’t say he definitely likes you though, I’m sure you’re a catch btw, try thinking of it as just him being friendly before jumping down that rabbit hole

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 29, 2019 at 12:29 pm #201306

“he mainly laughs at my jokes and tells me I’m really smart”
    ” Anytime I see him in the halls or outside he always makes a point of saying “Hey Tabitha”
    “..always looks directly at me.”
    “we don’t have each other’s numbers or text..”
    “Is he into me?”

I suppose it depends on the grade you’re in.
    If you’re in Jr. High, high school, or college and a guy thinks you’re “hot” he’ll at least flirt with you!
    Telling a girl she’s smart isn’t exactly known to be a popular “pickup line”.
    Some smart girls end up being used to help guys pass classes while they date other girls.

It’s sad that in this era what used to be known as normal everyday kindness can be mistaken for more.
    This guy has not said or done anything which would indicate he has a romantic interest in you.
    Maybe that may change at some point but right now I’d say don’t dwell on it.
    Generally if you have to “figure out” a guy he’s not into you.

And yes, guys will ask girls for their phone number or make moves on them if they’re into them.

Tabithaclark
    Tabithaclark
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 8:56 pm #201416

“it’s sad that in this era what used to be known as normal everyday kindness can be mistaken for more”
    Actually, he’s not well known for being a super nice guy and we don’t travel in the same social scene/circle. So that’s why I ask why he always stares at me and says hi. I took the advice from others about him wanting to be friends and I’ll try to see it as that from now on. I’d like to be more than that with him, but it’s hard when I rarely see him. Any advice on that?

thetigertouch
    thetigertouch
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 11:14 pm #202152

He is into you.