Is he just stating a fact or wants me to tell him to stay?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 3:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    March 19, 2020 at 3:55 pm #231797

I’m a 34-year-old woman into this 31-year-old guy I have been walking and talking with.

Occasion 1
    – We bumped into each other talked a minute and then started walking in the morning time, the convo was going well. I had mentioned there was a festival and he was like oh man I have plans. I am going out clubbing with a friend for her 21 birthday. I really don’t want to go though…he talks a few mins about the clubbing and then we go on to a different topic. We said our good byes and hugged.

Occasion 2
    I join him again while he walks his dog when our schedules align. The conversation is going better this time and I feel there is a bit more of a connection between us. He states to me: I am leaving on Thursday and going to GA. I asked some questions and he said he was needing to help a buddy out. I really don’t want to go though…he said he would pay me to help. I will be back on Sunday night.

Is he just stating a fact or he wanted me to say then don’t go and let’s hang out?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 19, 2020 at 11:29 pm #231802

Whenever you have to “figure out” if someone is (into you) it usually means they’re not.
    This especially true of people in their 30s. It would be different if you guys were in your early teens.

“Is he just stating a fact or he wanted me to say then don’t go and let’s hang out?”
    In order to transition from “hanging out” to {dating} someone has to actually ask the other one out on a date!

“Hanging out” with someone usually leads to entering into the “friend zone”.