Is he just trying to hurt me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 5:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Naomi
    Naomi
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 8:51 am #228578

My boyfriend broke up with me over voicemail after an argument. We’ve been ldr lately. I was heartbroken. I thought we were over for good and had already made plans to go away for a weekend with my mum to get away from it all. After one week of silent treatment my boyfriend wanted me back. As we were back together, he wanted me to drop the weekend trip and come to him like we had planned before he ended it. When I said I it felt wrong to cancel on my mum and that I could come to him directly after the weekend trip, he got angry again. After we phoned, he dumped me over WhatsApp and then blocked me. Next morning he texted me to say that he has deleted all our chat history. He wrote that he will not pick up the phone if I ring him. That I’ve had my chance and that he was no longer my partner. It’s baffling to me why he would even care to text me this? He still has my laptop and other valuables at his place, why won’t he give me a chance to get it back? Is he only trying to hurt me?

misformani
    misformani
    Participant
    January 30, 2020 at 7:08 pm #228697

He sounds extremely insecure and immature so he does very emotionally manipulative little things to illicit a response from you. What makes someone like this so risky is, they go to great lengths to try and “hurt” others at times when they themselves feel unsettled or hurt. Tell this guy you wanna talk things over and would like to come over. When you do, get your things and run for the border. PLEASE. This can be a toxic cycle of him always trying to hurt you for not getting his way. I hope this helps and I pray you find strength to leave for good.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 31, 2020 at 2:34 am #228712

“My boyfriend broke up with me over voicemail after an argument.”
    “After one week of silent treatment my boyfriend wanted me back.”
    “When I said I it felt wrong to cancel on my mum….he dumped me over WhatsApp and then blocked me.”
    “He wrote that he will not pick up the phone if I ring him.”
    “Is he only trying to hurt me?”

Seriously? Do you really believe this is how people “in love” treat their mate?
    Of course he’s trying to HURT YOU!

It’s also evident that YOU are more emotionally invested in this relationship than HIM.
    Clearly he’s not worried about you finding a new man.
    You’ve proved to him he dump you at anytime and simply call you up on a whim and you’ll come back.
    Anyone who truly loves them self and has self esteem will NOT tolerate being treated this way.
    YOU probably should have dumped HIM a long time ago!

Your options are to legally sue him to get your valuables back and move on or write them off as a loss and move on.
    In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: Next!
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

datinglove
    datinglove
    Participant
    February 1, 2020 at 11:20 am #228766

I used to get petrified around girls, but I’ve learned that they’re just normal human beings and talking to them is quite easy