Is he lying or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he lying or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 5:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Suckatdating
    Suckatdating
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 7:22 am #228078
    Is he lying or not?

I should be old enough to know better but I don’t. I suck at this.
    I met a little younger guy March 2019… I live in Norway 🇳🇴 and he is originally from the Netherlands 🇳🇱. He is a veteran marine from the Dutch Army.
    We met many times. I fell in love with him. I confessed to him after 2-3 months but he told me he could not give more than sex. After that one more meeting. He sort of ended it in October. In January 2020 he has picked up the contact. He made 2 appointments on just meeting for a cup of coffee but thn never replied and showed up. First he said I struggle with my head due to being in a war zones.. after second time I searched him up and found a woman’s name on his addresses. He had told me he is single. Thn I just sent a short msg abt whn he planned to be honest with me. Nothing more. He replied that wanted to be honest that he lived in the house with his ex but not with her. He was a wreck mentally but he hoped to keep my contact. Coz he liked that.

Suckatdating
    Suckatdating
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 7:36 am #228079

He told me tht if it had not been for her taking care of him he probably would not have been on this earth. They also have kids together. If what he is telling is true I feel sorry for him. But I am not really sure .. I asked if he could promise not to lie to me again? He said there is no need for that now. He is struggling he said and he wanted to meet me but he is in such a bad shape he knew he must be able take care of himself before he could be anything for anyone else. I asked him if he wanted to stay in touch further? And he said yes very much. I said if I catch him trying to fool me again I cut the tiers on his car. As if tht wud help. But I am in doubt. I want to let him prove himself worthy my trust again. I want him also to show that he mean it when he says he wanna stay in touch.
    I like mostly know in general. A man dont want to show himself weak. And what does veterans struggles with if they Get A problems after warzones??

PrettyLittle
    PrettyLittle
    Participant
    January 20, 2020 at 9:03 am #228086

I think he’s right about needing to take care of himself before taking care of anyone else. It sounds like he has a lot going on, and maybe you wont be able to be a priority for him. Since he is still living with his ex, that might be a red flag for you. Do you wan to get involved with someone so complicated? Its fine if you do, but make sure you look after yourself first.

Suckatdating
    Suckatdating
    Participant
    January 21, 2020 at 8:51 am #228080

Pardon my English🙈

PrettyLittle
    PrettyLittle
    Participant
    January 21, 2020 at 8:51 am #228087

I think it would be easy for him to lie to you and take advantage of you given the circumstances. Please be careful.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 21, 2020 at 12:50 pm #228150

” I fell in love with him.”
    “he told me he could not give more than sex.”
    “After that one more meeting. He sort of ended it in October. ”
    “He made 2 appointments on just meeting for a cup of coffee but thn never replied and showed up.”
    “after second time I searched him up and found a woman’s name on his addresses.”
    “He replied that wanted to be honest that he lived in the house with his ex but not with her.”

PLEASE STOP!
    You’re behaving as if this guy is your “boyfriend” or you’re in a relationship!
    Your mistake was not keeping your options open by dating other men.
    That’s why you became emotionally invested.

This is a “situationship” and not a relationship. You’re both within your rights to date and have sex with others.
    The man basically told you he saw you as being a “booty call” and all he could give you was sex.

Why are you (choosing) to IGNORE every “red flag” that comes your way?
    Are the pickings so slim in Norway that women are desperate to convert “booty calls” into relationships?
    Just because a man enjoys hooking up with you doesn’t mean he wants a relationship.

bbymarzzz
    bbymarzzz
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 10:42 pm #229560

follow ur gut!!!!