Is he trying to tell me something?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 12:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

misunderstoood
    misunderstoood
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 11:52 am #181316

I design graphics for a popular free to play online game. I decided to start and account and joined a team.

I met a guy on the team who seemed to be really nice and his conversation was clean and acceptable. Since then, we have been chatting and have become close within the past 4-1/2 months.
    As one of the Officers on the team, I invited 2-3 friends that I knew; and, he added them to his contacts. One of my friends — who is female — eventually started liking him. When I found out, I decided not to be her friend anymore because of the negative things she had said and the way she said it. I told him about it. He knew how I felt but continued to be her friend. He said he would not invite me to game with him if she was in the room and vice versa. We were getting along fine. After about month, I find he had invited her. They both quit and made their own team. He say it means nothing. If nothing, then why would he leave and join her? Shall I forget about this guy?

k
    k
    Participant
    August 10, 2018 at 11:58 am #181317

I would forget about this guy. He doesn’t sound as if he is being honest with you, and do you really want that? You deserve better.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 1:54 pm #181387

You and him were just “platonic friends” and he clearly {romantically interested} in the other woman.
    When people are forced to choose between maintaining a “platonic friendship” or being with a “red hot lover” the lover will win!

Life in the “friend zone” can be a painful existence. Suffering is optional.
    If you are romantically interested in a guy who clearly has no romantic interest in you it’s best for you to move on.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

MysteryZee
    MysteryZee
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 4:13 pm #181400

You weren’t dating this guy, you gave no real signs that you wanted to date him so he went and found his own date.
    This is 2018 women demand equality and that means you can ask for a date yourself, man up

jrnunez2
    jrnunez2
    Participant
    August 11, 2018 at 5:55 pm #181406

yeah forget him he wouldn’t have left if he was into you…move on

StevenH29
    StevenH29
    Participant
    August 12, 2018 at 3:38 pm #181411

Just move on, I wouldn’t deal with that.

Kat67
    Kat67
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 2:47 pm #181847

That wasn’t very fair and nice of him to exclude you out like that. I would move on though. You deserve better. Find someone who would be afraid of losing you no matter what happens.