Is it just the wrong timing or did I get friend zoned?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Hogwartian
    Hogwartian
    Participant
    July 24, 2018 at 7:06 pm #180203

There is a guy who I have known for years and, as I perceived, started to flirt with me about a month (introducing his touch such as putting his arm around me and rubbing my back; paying attention to what I am saying and remembering details of past conversations; eye contact). However, when I asked him out he said he was seeing someone else. He said that he felt more comfortable around and that is why he started to become more attentive and affectionate. He also said he has run into this problem before. He said that he was still interested in going out as friends, but he didn’t say that he wasn’t interested in me as a romantic partner or dating material. So I am wondering if I have been friend zoned (this has never happened to me before) or if they timing is just off and if he wasn’t already seeing someone that I would have a chance.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Hogwartian Hogwartian.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 24, 2018 at 9:57 pm #180205

“when I asked him out he said he was seeing someone else.” – That’s all that matters!
    The whole “he didn’t say that he wasn’t interested in me as a romantic partner or dating material.” is false hope.

You’ve known this guy (for years) and he’s never asked you out on a date.
    Clearly he’s never looked at you in a romantic sense.
    In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

The so called “friend zone” is anyone who finds them self with a crush on someone who has no romantic interest in them.
    Generally speaking they never reveal their true feelings for fear of being rejected.
    Applaud yourself for putting your cards on the table and finding out where you stand.
    Rejection saves everyone time. Don’t accept “friendship” as a consolation prize,
    Move on! Suffering is optional.