Is it "not interested" or "hard to get" How can you tell?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it "not interested" or "hard to get" How can you tell?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 1:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JianGeGe
    JianGeGe
    Participant
    November 1, 2013 at 6:23 am #42285
    Reply To: Is it "not interested" or "hard to get" How can you tell?

It’s really difficult to gauge what the emotional state of somebody is through Facebook. I honestly prefer to limit all interactions to face-to-face if possible, by phone if necessary.

Considering the majority of your face to face interactions have been positive, I’d say you’re in her good graces; get some face to face time with her and make a judgement from there.

RandomPoster
    RandomPoster
    Participant
    November 1, 2013 at 9:09 am #42287

I agree that you should just ask her out. She is either interested or she isn’t. There is no point continuing to flirt or play games if it is leading no where (unless you are content with just being friends … in which case, stop caressing her arms).

blairkattram
    blairkattram
    Participant
    November 2, 2013 at 1:40 am #42364

Maybe a little of both. Don’t message her on facebook anymore, just say hey in person like it’s no big deal and read her body language. That’s the best way to gauge interest.

Ubby
    Ubby
    Participant
    November 2, 2013 at 8:34 pm #42372

It’s hard to tell. It sounds like she might be confused – I would ask her about it since you are comfortable enough with her to have the heavy caressing flirting thing going on.

m007allred
    m007allred
    Participant
    November 3, 2013 at 12:48 am #42379

I think it may be playing hard to get, girls don’t usually let a guy to physically touch them unless they are comfortable or at least have some sort of interest.

Newbie22
    Newbie22
    Participant
    November 3, 2013 at 1:22 pm #42382

Ask her out on a real date

darnit666
    darnit666
    Participant
    November 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm #42446

Just ask for coffee first, dont make it a date. if she goes for the coffee, ask for the date then

zaki131
    zaki131
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 11:55 am #42465

Try talking to her in real life.

wht2do
    wht2do
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm #42481

Don’t message her so much dude. You always want her to be doing most of the contacting. She messaged you back so she’s still interested, but you gotta make yourself less readily available, and then ask her out sooner rather than later, while there’s still interest.

MKfencer12
    MKfencer12
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 2:19 pm #42482

Thank you everyone for your knowledgeable advice. The way this all turned out is kind of bizarre but I’m perfectly happy with it. See, I did ask her out in person and she agreed reluctantly tho.. I thought it wasn’t quite right so I messaged her and it turned out she wasn’t even going to show BUT I found out why. She just came from a messy break up a week before semester started, got kicked out and moved in to her parents place. The situation left her damaged and broken as she told me so I gave her some advice on what she can look forward to in life and we both talked for a little while and she ended up respecting me and became friends (Again, I’m perfectly happy with that). To me she seems confused on moving on and was probably strongly considering dating me but decided she doesn’t want that and that’s ok. A week later after our talk I decided to ask her in person after class to come study with me as she was having difficulties with math. She agreed and we’re studying this week.

kelly
    kelly
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 3:49 pm #42495

What I see is that, the girl is no longer intrested.
    From the way you started, the cuty had fallen in love with you because of a particuler character she saw in you, but after a while, its like what she saw in you didnt turn out

dude77777
    dude77777
    Participant
    November 9, 2013 at 10:21 am #42653

She lost interest man. Sorry man.

Sliver
    Sliver
    Participant
    November 9, 2013 at 10:15 pm #42658

Just try not to be too pushy. It’s like being a salesman, you’re selling yourself. Push too hard and they get paranoid.

Just play it cool, don’t be in a hurry.

Backspin
    Backspin
    Participant
    November 17, 2013 at 1:19 pm #42969

Here’s an idea: try talking to her in the real world, not just Facebook. Maybe that’ll provide some insight?

That probably wont go over well but it will yield an answer I guess

SonofWalter
    SonofWalter
    Participant
    November 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm #43578

I agree with a few of the other posts…talk to her in the real world…not text, FB etc
    tell her you want to be real not cyber

1 2 3